the night they took ol' tiger down

when elin chased tiger down the drive with a 7 iron or was it a 9 iron and cold-cocked him, I told a bunch of golf friends that tiger might never win another tournament

this was at a time when he was at the top of the sport

they all looked at me like I was idiotic, why, he was the greatest golfer ever, poised to leave Nicklaus in the dust

I just knew the connection between pride, the mind and the body. he had been exposed

while he did win a few more times it took a good while and never a major and was never again really much of threat, he's in the dust-bin now. yeah, he's had a bad back, but that's not it

now comes football

nothing better than playing football, I loved it, loved to hit, to go all out

football has been under assault for a few years from liberals

the violence, the hitting, the head trauma, the domestic violence as well

football knew it had to change, they tried it by changing rules, wearing pink, players highlighted supposedly doing public service

youth soccer has been growing leaps and bounds. u.s. youth soccer registrations have grown from just over 100,000 in 1974 to over 3,000,000 in 2014

participation in football by the youth is down, In 2009, 3.96 million youth ages 6-17 played tackle football. in 2015, that number fell to 3.21 million, down from 3.25 million in 2014.

and players become fans

now the nfl has managed to alienate a whole new group of people, americans.

their players have been exposed for their ingrained left-wing thoughtless tribalism

the owners for their fear and lack of courage

new stadia will be much more difficult to come by

once fully exposed, its only a matter of time
  • Old-T
  • 10-06-2017, 08:36 AM
football has been under assault for a few years from liberals

the violence, the hitting, the head trauma, the domestic violence as well
So head trauma and domestic violence are fake news? Or are you saying RWWs are pro-head trauma and pro domestic violence?

football knew it had to change, they tried it by changing rules, wearing pink, players highlighted supposedly doing public service
Somehow I suspect most pro football players have given back more than you have. Just a guess of course. I personally know three (know, not just people in the papers) who have given $1M+ to worthy causes from children's diseases to literacy programs to subsidized child care so single parents can actually afford to work.

youth soccer has been growing leaps and bounds. u.s. youth soccer registrations have grown from just over 100,000 in 1974 to over 3,000,000 in 2014

participation in football by the youth is down, In 2009, 3.96 million youth ages 6-17 played tackle football. in 2015, that number fell to 3.21 million, down from 3.25 million in 2014.
Yep. Why should an averaged sized, averagely athletic kid choose a sport where he will be a punching bag and statistically be far more likely to damage his well being (and, by the way, get less exercise)?

now the nfl has managed to alienate a whole new group of people, americans.
Actually, not quite true. There are a whole lot of non-wackos , even on the conservative side, who are beginning to acknowledge:
--there are complex, serious issues in this country that need to be talked about, and the Wacko politicians on both sides have forgotten how to actually talk, discuss, and compromise so it falls on the populous as a whole to do so
--the only real time athletes can get out a message is when the cameras are on; would you rather they kneel during a play? Would you stay at the stadium an hour past the game to sit and talk with these players in a serious dialogue? I suspect we all know that answer.
--a clearly non-violent protest is far far better than a violent one

their players have been exposed for their ingrained left-wing thoughtless tribal-ness
--and you for yours. Just a different tribe.

the owners for their fear and lack of courage
--but you want them to fear YOUR position and your supporters

new stadia will be much more difficult to come by
--as it should be. A true RWW would be happy to kill all public financing of gladiatorial combat buildings

once fully exposed, its only a matter of time Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
--it was only a matter of time long before the flag issue.
--it was only a matter of time long before the flag issue. Originally Posted by Old-T
maybe so

this just hastened it

I can understand some of your assault against me but some are either from projection or false assumption

the point was the nfl was under assault by liberals for being THE American sport, liked by men and yeah many women as well, but still a man's sport, the chinks in their armor were being picked at, while many conservatives were not happy at individual acts of players conservatives don't normally take exception to the whole, now the nfl has alienated both sides taken as a whole, yes from different angles, and the focus is now or will be on every aspect including public financing.

btw, did you think ol' tiger might have been you?
  • WTF
  • 10-06-2017, 09:26 AM

btw, did you think ol' tiger might have been you? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Tiger is a microcosm of all.

We all die (all our careers come to an end) ....yet most never give it much thought until the very end.

None are invincible...even C&W music fans.

I'm not sure your point...are you trying to say that black athletes that you perceive to be unpatriotic are the ruin of football?

Soccer was always the global sport, not football.

If the public never builds another stadium and it is because of this protest....than any true Conservative should be on their fucking knees thanking these athletes!

Tiger is a microcosm of all.

We all die (all our careers come to an end) ....yet most never give it much thought until the very end.

None are invincible...even C&W music fans.

I'm not sure your point...are you trying to say that black athletes that you perceive to be unpatriotic are the ruin of football?

Soccer was always the global sport, not football.

If the public never builds another stadium and it is because of this protest....than any true Conservative should be on their fucking knees thanking these athletes!

. Originally Posted by WTF
one of your better posts,, in spots

"I'm not sure your point"

football is over you idiot from all angles
  • WTF
  • 10-06-2017, 10:00 AM
one of your better posts,, in spots

"I'm not sure your point"

football is over you idiot from all angles Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
That is a tad premature. It is a billion dollar industry that is not going away anytime soon.

The shutting down of Fantasy Football sites hurt the NFL more than anything else....plus there are many more platforms to view the NFL from.

There are a combination of things that point to a slow downward trend to the NFL. But saturation happens to all industries.
That is a tad premature. . Originally Posted by WTF
literalism is one of your strong suits
The shutting down of Fantasy Football sites hurt the NFL more than anything else....plus there are many more platforms to view the NFL from. Originally Posted by WTF
I've not heard about that one. link please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
The shutting down of Fantasy Football sites hurt the NFL more than anything else....plus there are many more platforms to view the NFL from.

I've not heard about that one. link please. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
he's talking about legal issues with FanDuel and DraftKings.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fand....0.7FJSxRtKn54

some light reading. but WTF is still a butthead homo zebra gay giraffe .. bhahaaa
  • WTF
  • 10-07-2017, 01:19 PM
I've not heard about that one. link please. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
https://gamboool.com/how-is-draftkin...-dont-allow-it

You do not think women and nerds were true NFL fans did you?
https://gamboool.com/how-is-draftkin...-dont-allow-it

You do not think women and nerds were true NFL fans did you?
. Originally Posted by WTF
could care less if they were or were not.

I read that its illegal in my state.

I suppose there's ways around it.