DC Tour in August

I am adding DC to my tour in August and I have no idea where would be a good place to stay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xoxo Shelby
Crystal City is a high traffic area (foreign tourists, school groups, conventions, etc.) and located near the Metro Station as well as the airport (DCA). This makes it a little more convenient for anybody working/living in the District or NOVA. Easy by car. Easy by public transit. Hotel rates are reasonable. It's not necessary to have a car but it makes life easier.

Although I find that most travelers opt for Tyson's Corner. A lot more corporate offices out in that direction. Reaches a wider market for those who live beyond the Beltway. And hotel rates are generally lower. Tyson's Corner is also "closer" to Dulles Airport. You must have rent a car if you're out here.

But if you're adamant about being in the Capital. Then there are a few hotels near Dupont/Adams Morgan that work well because it's a popular spot for conventions and conferences. At this point, you might as well cab/metro everywhere.
Crystal City is a high traffic area (foreign tourists, school groups, conventions, etc.) and located near the Metro Station as well as the airport (DCA). This makes it a little more convenient for anybody working/living in the District or NOVA. Easy by car. Easy by public transit. Hotel rates are reasonable. It's not necessary to have a car but it makes life easier.

Although I find that most travelers opt for Tyson's Corner. A lot more corporate offices out in that direction. Reaches a wider market for those who live beyond the Beltway. And hotel rates are generally lower. Tyson's Corner is also "closer" to Dulles Airport. You must have rent a car if you're out here.

But if you're adamant about being in the Capital. Then there are a few hotels near Dupont/Adams Morgan that work well because it's a popular spot for conventions and conferences. At this point, you might as well cab/metro everywhere. Originally Posted by omakase
Thank you so much omakse!

I am thinking about touring the DC area soon as well.
If BSB is heading to the District then it's time we roll out the red carpet.
You are too kind omakase
TC or CRystal City are great.
DC area it's good to get around if you're a visitor....pick a stop in dc (Georgetown-Foggy Bottom, Dupont Circle, Downtown etc) and at least one NoVA spot (Tysons Corner which is part of Falls Church/Merrifield/McLean/Vienna, Arlington VA, Fairfax VA, Dulles airport area).