Facebook

• KCJoe
  • 09-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Do you belong to facebook? I recently had some old high school classmates give me shit because I didn’t belong. They were putting together a reunion and had to call my cell phone to get in touch with me because they couldn’t find me on facebook.

It’s something that I could care less about and most likely will never join. Just one more thing to waste time on. Someone once told me that it’s a place that you will friend with people you wouldn’t say hi to if you met them on the street.
KCJoe- I guess you and I are the only people in the world without Facebook!
Like you, I really don't care about it. And you're right, I would probably become
addicted it and spend every waking moment on it wasting my time and life like many people I know.
+1. love those commercials, I think for some car, where the 20 somethings are talking about what losers their parents are because they only have 15 friends and they have 2,000 while the parents are out having fun and actually doing something. Agree it would just suck up time
I hate the thing and don't understand the point. Guess I'm in the wrong generation' when I was younger I could see using it all the time trying to get some ass but Im not younger and as far as getting any ass...well, I'm here on this site so that pretty much sums up where I am in the grand ass getting scheme of things.
I set up an account for business reasons, but I am about to close it. Getting the settings right is a pain in the ass. It seems any ahole anywhere can post whatever they want on your wall. There is probably a way to fix it but I don't have the time or patience. When some of these young folks post stuff, it's in a different language. Lazy ass kids can't spell anymore.
I have an account to monitor my kid's pages. I've also busted a couple of my employees and potential employees, who aren't smart enough to think that what they put out of FB is for the whole world to see. Just recently I had an employee call in "sick", only to "check-in" at Oceans of Fun a few hours later. She even took pics of her kids and posted them on Facebook....each with the time and date stamped right on it. Needless to say, she didn't have a job to come back too.

As for the "social networking" aspect....I guess I'm just too old. Seems like a waste of time for me.
Facebook is good when you have family scattered across the country. I have family in California, Oregon/Washington, Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska. Facebook is a good way for us to communicate without running up phone bills.
I set one up to keep in touch with my daughter. It's worth it although reading all the posts of a bunch of 20 year olds is a bit taxing. I guess being 51 I could give a fuck about Facebooking and tweeting. If I want to talk to someone I will. I don't care what you had for lunch or that your hair isn't working for you today.
Facebook is good when you have family scattered across the country. I have family in California, Oregon/Washington, Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska. Facebook is a good way for us to communicate without running up phone bills. Originally Posted by bikebryan
Same for me, family scattered all over the place and it is a great way to keep up with what everybody is doing. However, I would never use Twitter.
I prefer Faceboinking over Facebooking... but thats just me. And the only twitter i do is twittering my twoodle when i cant get boink....
I created a facebook account a few years ago when I was put in charge of hiring some employees. In some aspects it's okay but I was on there last night looking at all "updates" and decided to write this.

Seriously people, do I really need to know every little thing that is going on in your life. I'm glad your dog is not throwing up any more, your motorcycle has new oil, your dinner was the bomb. You hit the like button on a song that we all know you like and have liked for the last thirty years. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for you but I'm just wondering why you felt the need to share this with half of the free world????

Way to much worthless information wandering around.
I created a facebook account a few years ago when I was put in charge of hiring some employees. In some aspects it's okay but I was on there last night looking at all "updates" and decided to write this.

Seriously people, do I really need to know every little thing that is going on in your life. I'm glad your dog is not throwing up any more, your motorcycle has new oil, your dinner was the bomb. You hit the like button on a song that we all know you like and have liked for the last thirty years. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for you but I'm just wondering why you felt the need to share this with half of the free world????

Way to much worthless information wandering around. Originally Posted by PooSlinger
Today I had a friend post that they were attending Chiefs game, to join them after on the Plaza for drinks. Think I could make a fortune as a burglar. Not even a pro since 80% of the job is complete. Breaking in to unoccupied house is the easy part. Since they won, they may be there a while.
This social network phenomenon and digital cameras have sparked another trend that for the life of me I don't understand. Why are so many people obsessed with taking pictures of themselves? I have seen Facebook pages that literally contain hundreds of images...most are of girls taking pictures of themselves. What's the point?

(please note that I did not use any curse words in the post so as not to offend any assholes....shit....nevermind)
This social network phenomenon and digital cameras have sparked another trend that for the life of me I don't understand. Why are so many people obsessed with taking pictures of themselves? I have seen Facebook pages that literally contain hundreds of images...most are of girls taking pictures of themselves. What's the point?

(please note that I did not use any curse words in the post so as not to offend any assholes....shit....nevermind) Originally Posted by swarmyone

You don't offend me. I don't know you and could really careless what you say or whose pussy you make wet by saying anything. But out of 250,000 words in the English language using the same ten time after time, idk its kind of hard to explain the image that comes to mind of you.......

(please note that I did not use any curse words in the post so as not to offend any assholes....shit....nevermind) Originally Posted by swarmyone
Don't stop, you may lose your fan club. Need to remember to add a few
f*cks and sh*ts, *ss holes to your posts to keep them excited.
Fuck, now we know how to be a stud on ECCIE. I know, doesn't have
that swarmy tang to it? Just kidding. Doesn't offend me one way or the other. I think it is hypcritical in a funny kind of way. Talk about blow jobs,
doggie, and anal, but don't cuss dammit!