Thread to end all threads on [Banning - Staff Edit] bbfs .

• CM
  • 01-17-2012, 12:58 AM
I'd like to communicate with a friend who is currently banned. How do we know when members will become unbanned? Also, how do we know if a member's ban is temporary or forever. I don't want to wait around to try to pm someone if they're never going to be unbanned. Thank you to those who take time to answer my question!
You wait until they resurrect themselves with another handle. If they were your friend they would probably let you know what the new handle is.
Being your friend, you should have his email address and he could tell you when his ban will be lifted, as it tells him the date when he tries to log in.
Not sure i understand what BBFS has to do with your frind being band and when they will be let back on.

Or maybe you should have just used a different title that went with what you really wanted to know.

Click on his handle in one of his posts and see if "Send member an email" is one of the choices on the drop-down member (not "Send member a Private Message" which wouldn't do him any good.)

I'd like to communicate with a friend who is currently banned. How do we know when members will become unbanned? Originally Posted by CM
You don't. They will have a "banned" subtitle until they are not banned. There is no "notice" of who is and isn't banned.

Also, how do we know if a member's ban is temporary or forever. I don't want to wait around to try to pm someone if they're never going to be unbanned. Thank you to those who take time to answer my question! Originally Posted by CM
You don't. We don't publish ban lengths or reasons usually. That's between the staff and the member. They are free to tell you why if they choose.

The whole point of a ban is to remove the privilege of using the site for communication, due to a user not participating by the site's rules. If your friend can't play nice, he can't play here. You'll have to find some other way to contact them.

Oh..and the OP was banned as a multiple handle from known banned handles.
  • L.A.
  • 01-17-2012, 08:11 AM
LOL On a related note are we able to find out what the other handles related to OP were?
You don't. They will have a "banned" subtitle until they are not banned. There is no "notice" of who is and isn't banned.
You don't. We don't publish ban lengths or reasons usually. That's between the staff and the member. They are free to tell you why if they choose.
The whole point of a ban is to remove the privilege of using the site for communication, due to a user not participating by the site's rules. If your friend can't play nice, he can't play here. You'll have to find some other way to contact them.

Oh..and the OP was banned as a multiple handle from known banned handles. Originally Posted by Duke of G
Thanks.

I would be interested in another issue, perhaps I am hijacking this thread, sorry for that.

There have been cases of members changing their title under their avatar to "BANNED" as a joke, to support other banned members, or perhaps just cuz they are an ass. Until I got to Duke's post, I was assuming that was CM's ploy. He has been an obvious troll around here for a while, and yes, I screwed up and succumb to his troll post on at least one occassion.

Can I suggest something? If a member changes his title to "BANNED" - let's ban him. The only way to reactivate his account would then be to email the mods and beg forgiveness. ( I know, I can be a vindicative ass myself sometimes.)
Well this is terribly disappointing. Trolls are suspossed to be more.... what's the word I'm looking for?
Entertaining
Somebody said I should be banned but they meant I need to use deoderant.
If we catch someone using Banned in their title or name We will require it be changed at once.
There are plenty of them out there.
So report them pyramider
Yeah pyramider. Rat those motherfuckers out.