Eccie Bashing?

What gives?

I usually access eccie through google. I guess I'm too lazy to type in a period snd the word net, and I can jump straight to Houston.

But today I do this and instead of the comfy link to eccie I'm used to seeing for a couple of years, those links are no where to be seem and instead are pages of links bashing eccie.

What gives?
What gives? Originally Posted by Houston.Epicurean
I think there is a "virus" that has "attached" itself to the "keyword(s)" on the logon and is attempting to redirect your access through a search function. Each time I attempt to access or even change forums once logged my protection blocks and notifies me ... I have posted the name shown on my system in the "mod section."

I would also ignore any instructions on "updating" or "upgrading" or adjusting your cookies .... and leave everything as is until the powers to be get rid of the culprit or block it from attacking each guest who arrives and logs on.

You might want to consider NOT using your phone to log on...unless you know how to "clean" your phone and refresh the software....my choice of words.
so pissed I got a mac that supermod told me to buy. Can't even log on from it. I'll take my chances on the phone.
so pissed I got a mac that supermod told me to buy. Can't even log on from it. I'll take my chances on the phone. Originally Posted by Chislaine
if you need tech support I can assist..
When i click Some of the areas it gives me a page saying unable to add cookies. Im using aiPhone.
so pissed I got a mac that supermod told me to buy. Can't even log on from it. I'll take my chances on the phone. Originally Posted by Chislaine
Blast his ass!! Name him!! LOL
Your not alone folks, please be patient with us. Rest assured the ownership is working hard to resolve this issue and get things back to normal asap. For an explanation of what occurred please see this link.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=2254908#post2254908

Ok seriously though here is a useful link from the technical forum..
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=396287
I think there is a "virus" that has "attached" itself to the "keyword(s)" on the logon and is attempting to redirect your access through a search function. Each time I attempt to access or even change forums once logged my protection blocks and notifies me ... I have posted the name shown on my system in the "mod section."

I would also ignore any instructions on "updating" or "upgrading" or adjusting your cookies .... and leave everything as is until the powers to be get rid of the culprit or block it from attacking each guest who arrives and logs on.

You might want to consider NOT using your phone to log on...unless you know how to "clean" your phone and refresh the software....my choice of words. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Call me blonde for asking this, but how can you get a virus on an iPhone? I've had problems trying to load the page, but that's it.

Is there anything to do to my phone to make it not catch a virus?
Call me blonde for asking this, but how can you get a virus on an iPhone? I've had problems trying to load the page, but that's it.

Is there anything to do to my phone to make it not catch a virus? Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
I have an android and I know those can catch viruses. Not sure about an iPhone. With androids, you can download the same virus protection that you have on your computer.

I use Avast, which has a free option.

Elisabeth

P.S. And yes, this situation is a real drag!!! I know! It'll get fixed soon enough. This happened a few years ago, if I recall, and it was a temporary annoyance. Gosh ... how I miss Houston!!! Enjoy the rodeo this week for those of you going!!!
Call me blonde for asking this, but how can you get a virus on an iPhone? I've had problems trying to load the page, but that's it. Is there anything to do to my phone to make it not catch a virus? Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
Any time you download (open) emails, attachments, etc, if they are contaminated your phone can get infected .... you can do a "cleaning" by using your tethering to your computer (power cord with USB) and it will save all of your stuff, "re-program" your phone and then replace your stuff.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6951242_reprogram-iphone.html

.... and I will not call you blonde. I think you are fine, and gorgeous...and smarter for asking.

and...

http://www.securitynewsdaily.com/850...hone-ipad.html

... and there have to be others now available. There is a vulnerability.

I have an android as well, and am careful with opening stuff and downloading.
Any time you download (open) emails, attachments, etc, if they are contaminated your phone can get infected .... you can do a "cleaning" by using your tethering to your computer (power cord with USB) and it will save all of your stuff, "re-program" your phone and then replace your stuff.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6951242_reprogram-iphone.html

.... and I will not call you blonde. I think you are fine, and gorgeous...and smarter for asking.

and...

http://www.securitynewsdaily.com/850...hone-ipad.html

... and there have to be others now available. There is a vulnerability.

I have an android as well, and am careful with opening stuff and downloading. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Okay thank you! I will look into that.
if you need tech support I can assist.. Originally Posted by Spirit13
I was finally able to log on just now by trying to pm someone. It took me to the other sign in and it worked. Thanks anyway if I continue to have problems I will let you know.
Blast his ass!! Name him!! LOL Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
LMAO… I think you know who I’m talking about EA. I just called him though and he gave me his brotherly advice.
I knew exactly who you were talking about and found it funny.... lol
I had this page come up when I went onto the site last nite saying not to go there because my information might be able to be gotten. Wasn't sure what to do, but I think the problem may be gone now. Dunno, though.