Start turning north, dammit!

It will.
Oh, judging from the current upper-air weather patterns, I think Houston is safe from Irma, although still drowning from Harvey.

I keep hoping that Irma will miss Florida, wander back out to the Atlantic and disappear in the Bermuda Triangle, but that's a fantasy. I'm supposed to be leaving later this week to accompany a gent on vacation there, a trip planned for months, but not looking likely. Mickey and the Mouse House better batten down the hatches. Disney is closing early and will stay shut down until peril is past and power stable, only the 5th time in history the Happiest Place on Earth (other than ECCIE) has done so. The Keys, lovely islands that I had the pleasure of visiting a few years back, have been evacuated and are expected to sink like Lemuria under the storm surge. Trusting that Hemingway's 6-toed cats make it to the Ark.

I feel for Florida, truly, especially if the storm intensifies to Cat 5 by landfall, which is a possibility. Key West could be totally obliterated. This is going to be horrible and sad. Hope all of the stranded made it out of Miami. The congested roads reminded me of Rita.
Sperm trying to penetrate Cuba ?