You missed it. Joe Biden technically wraps up the nomination.

It took until June 6th but Biden has gotten the prerequisite delegates to win the nomination. Of course, if a hundred delegates take a late lunch and miss the first, binding vote then all bets are off.
It took until June 6th but Biden has gotten the prerequisite delegates to win the nomination. Of course, if a hundred delegates take a late lunch and miss the first, binding vote then all bets are off. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
I keep asking the same question. Who would the Democrats put up in place of Joe Biden if they had the chance? Biden is leading the race against Trump, subject to change in the next 4+ months.

First several on this forum said Biden would never win the nomination. Wrong. Now some are saying Biden won't end up being the Democratic nominee. That is yet to be determeined but again I would dare to say, wrong.
Check out some of the shenanigans in the nominations between 1840 and 1900.
meanwhile Donald Trump is scrapping for his political life with Bill Weld breathing down his neck!

NOT

BAHHAAAAA

Trump has the RNC nomination by almost 800 votes.

https://www.google.com/search?client...blican+primary

while the DEMs prepare for worst case .. a brokered chaos of a convention .. Trump cruises away at the RNC convention. what's the best case for the DEMs? they nominate Biden on the first ballot. or is that worst case? both??

BAHHAAA

BAHHAHAAAAA
The most important candidate for the DNC this year is VP.

Biden won't last until this time next year. If Biden and their pick wins, they will 25 Biden and start the ball rolling for installing PissLousy into the driver's seat by default. There will be three years of a non-elected President and VP.

Hey, Speedo, make sure to right it down! He seem to forget easily.
I keep asking the same question. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Where are the posts?

Biden won't last until this time next year. If Biden and their pick wins, they will 25 Biden and start the ball rolling for installing PissLousy into the driver's seat by default. There will be three years of a non-elected President and VP.
Originally Posted by LexusLover
I think half of all the posts in this Forum are deliberate troll posts. a serious person can't possibly believe what you just wrote.
I think half of all the posts in this Forum are deliberate troll posts. a serious person can't possibly believe what you just wrote. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Were you conscious during the Nixon presidency? And I mean that respectfully. I was!

Nixon was far more coherent in this thought processes than Biden.
  • oeb11
  • 06-07-2020, 04:12 PM

That scenario has been predicted by multiple posters since Biden became a candidate.Agreed - a vote for biden is a vote for the VP as POTUS.

Perhaps we will get lucky and republicans will take the House - let nazi Pelosi retire to her walled kalifornia compound to eat ice cream and drink wine - Not with the"Peasants" in her elite compound.
Were you conscious during the Nixon presidency? And I mean that respectfully. I was!

Nixon was far more coherent in this thought processes than Biden. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I was conscious up to the time he unleashed the Christmas Bombs on Hanoi and Haiphong in 1972.

anyway, how did Nixon get into this discussion?
Where are the posts? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I've asked the question at least 3 times in different threads. If you choose not to believe me I really don't care.

Hey, Speedo, make sure to right it down! He seem to forget easily. Originally Posted by LexusLover
We lived through 2+ years of a non-elected President and VP from August 1974 through January 1977. If your prediction comes true, we will live through it again.
  • oeb11
  • 06-07-2020, 04:47 PM
if the DPST's take over in Nov - many of us will not live through the next 4 years.
so I was thinking Val Demmings had an edge on the VEEP nomination. but I saw her today, and.. maybe my Hobby side is taking over my intellectual side, but.. God Damn, she appears to be quite masculine. a low voice, hard face.. I don't think she looks good alongside Biden.

Liz Warren is a better pick, but I'm not sure today's climate would be welcoming.. Warren barely pulled any black support when she ran for President.

but maybe Joe pulls enough on his own?
so I was thinking Val Demmings had an edge on the VEEP nomination. but I saw her today, and.. maybe my Hobby side is taking over my intellectual side, but.. God Damn, she appears to be quite masculine. a low voice, hard face.. I don't think she looks good alongside Biden.

Liz Warren is a better pick, but I'm not sure today's climate would be welcoming.. Warren barely pulled any black support when she ran for President.

but maybe Joe pulls enough on his own? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
A downside to Warren being named the VP nominee. She would give up her Senate seat and the Governor of Massachusetts, a Republican, would obviously name a Republican to take her place.

With an outside possibility of gaining control of the Senate this year, handing a Democratic seat to a Republican would just about kill any chance of that happening.