Sterotypes

• lyfej
  • 07-04-2014, 10:10 PM
When a provider posts "Respectful AA only" rather than "Respectful Gentlemen only"...The implication is that they will see disrespectful clients of other nationalities.... The black male hate is getting thick on Eccie....The replies to this post will be the usual....
  • Toyz
  • 07-04-2014, 10:31 PM
And here I thought it was going to be an audiophile discussion. Stereotypes. My favorite was actually some time ago, it had an Onkyo base deck with a massive set of Cerwin-Vega floor speakers. Nowadays everything is pretty compact & I have a Sony 7-1 Surround sound in the house and my car actually has an upgraded 5-1 Harmon Kardon system that really rocks....
This topic comes up constantly and the discussion is always the same, so yeah, we'll see the ole "every provider has the right to blah blah blah" talk. Or "well I get contacted by 'urban men' and blah blah blah." I say that to point out that it's obviously an issue, not to say to stop beating the horse. Yes, providers have the right to decide who they see, but that right isn't a "get out of blatant racism free" card.
"The replies will be the usual" well thank god you posted a thread that has been beaten to death hundreds of times. Smart move
lol
  • ztonk
  • 07-05-2014, 12:16 AM
I won't book with a lady who has this stated restriction out of principle. Same would apply if she posted "No fat guys over 50" or "No
Asian guys"

z
so they are racists,, well this is a free country and they can fuk whoever they want and they can hate whoever they want to,
I won't book with a lady who has this stated restriction out of principle. Same would apply if she posted "No fat guys over 50" or "No
Asian guys"

z Originally Posted by ztonk
...no cheap bastards and no MODS!
Toyz...I am needing to put a new system in my truck...any suggestions where to get the best deal in Austin area for equipment and install?
Toyz...I am needing to put a new system in my truck...any suggestions where to get the best deal in Austin area for equipment and install? Originally Posted by BladeRunner
Now this was a funny comeback!
  • Toyz
  • 07-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Toyz...I am needing to put a new system in my truck...any suggestions where to get the best deal in Austin area for equipment and install? Originally Posted by BladeRunner
I get my best ideas from the drivers forums. If you drive a BMW E46, there is e46fanatics on the web. Benz is MBWorld. I'm sure they have one for Chevy trucks too!

My current system is a Harmon/Kardon (which I wish they would rename to raging hardon, but that's just me being perverted. It has 11 speakers fore and aft and 500 watts of power. That's plenty for my little roadster.

I would recommend getting an all white system, and shy away from the black ones. They tend to have way too much extra noise & are always tricky in getting them to behave correctly. Some refuse to have them in their vehicles period! I've had mixed results as some are fine pieces of equipment while others are just made for one genre of music-gangsta.

Good luck making your decisions, and remember we live in a free society where one can pick the stereo type of their personal preference!
Your best bet (CBC) for stereo for auto or home is Fry's. Service sucks (TCB) sucks (CBJ) but if you go in frequently (MSOG allowed) you can often find great deals and give it to them doggy style. They do install too -
ToyZ mine was a Technics. I think I got it at GoodGuys- "where they've gotta be Good".
My Stereo Type would be a doubles with identical twins who are two spinners and can suck both my brain halves out in a duet ...
If a provider is screening properly, race should not matter.
This is a free market forum right? So if someone wants to limit their market share (people here do it all the time for instance UTR) that's their business. Neither the market, nor those participating in the market can adequately punish those with NBA. There are two reasons for this. 1) NBA policy is not stopping black guys from having sex with white women 2) You can't decipher someones motives. If black guys were shutout from the white crack and/or we had a brain scanner that could detect racism then I would think that there would be a problem. But as it is I can still ply my "trade" in all the colors of the rainbow.