Msn Polls

• oeb11
  • 01-24-2019, 08:11 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us

from Msn.com main page - copied polls at 9:10pm 1-24-2019
An interesting snapshot of the nation's opinion
Who should compromise more to end the partial government shutdown?

• 53%
    Democrats in Congress

• 44%
    President Trump

• 3%
    No opinion

Total responses: 309,557 votes
Snapshot of real-time results.

Who is most responsible for the partial government shutdown?

• 50%
    Democrats in Congress
  • 2%
    Republicans in Congress
  • 45%
    President Trump
  • 3%
    No opinion
Total responses: 328,085 votes
Snapshot of real-time results.
Yep i took that poll also. These numbers show that the media is not in tune with the American citizens.
interesting MSN poll.

looks like Dems more to blame than Trump, but % is very close is very close to even.
  • Trey
  • 01-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Fox (The only news channel not in the msm like the one quoted here) says 51 percent blame trump. You guys are quoting fake news.
Fox (The only news channel not in the msm like the one quoted here) says 51 percent blame trump. You guys are quoting fake news. Originally Posted by Trey

MSN is fake news? LOL!
Fox (The only news channel not in the msm like the one quoted here) says 51 percent blame trump. You guys are quoting fake news. Originally Posted by Trey
fake because you don't like the result? what result do you want? easy to do as polls showing Clinton leading BIGLY.

BAHHAAAA

"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"

British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

• oeb11
  • 01-25-2019, 05:29 AM

One is welcome to their opinion.
51% versus 40+% ratings is likely close to the margin for error for polls
?Fake News - It shows the American public blames Both Sides for the shutdown
And fairly evenly.
I have not read the Fox poll- I will take your word on that.

Both sides need to get their act together and negotiate in good faith.
1. What's the margin of error?
2. What is the bias factor for those who don't want to admit they support what Trump is doing?

That was "a problem" with the "polling" in 2015-2016. Still is.

Also, what were the questions asked to establish the data?

If I want to do something today that my partner wanted to do yesterday, but I couldn't, why doesn't she want to do it today?

Running any business or enterprise by "polls" using "samples" with ill-crafted questions with a built-in bias is hardly a formula for success.

Ask HillariousNoMore!
One is welcome to their opinion.
51% versus 40+% ratings is likely close to the margin for error for polls
?Fake News - It shows the American public blames Both Sides for the shutdown
And fairly evenly.
I have not read the Fox poll- I will take your word on that.

Both sides need to get their act together and negotiate in good faith. Originally Posted by oeb11
Why are they shut down oeb? Let me help. Trump wants money for a wall that he said Mexico would pay for. He asked Nancy for 5.7 billion dollars. A lot of people don't know this. You know what Nancy said?

NO MONEY FOT THE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!

Do you want me to provide a link? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • oeb11
  • 01-25-2019, 07:31 AM
TM - Please go to MSN.com and participate in the polls.
Your opinion is well known. Have you written your Senators and Congressperson to voice your opinion?
If not- Please do so.

Polls are never perfect - still, a take home is that blame for the shutdown is equally shared by both sides!
  • oeb11
  • 01-25-2019, 07:35 AM
From 0835 CST on MSN.com
Who should compromise more to end the partial government shutdown?

• 53%
    Democrats in Congress
  • 44%
    President Trump
  • 3%
    No opinion
Total responses: 386,884 votes

Who is most responsible for the partial government shutdown?

• 51%
    Democrats in Congress
  • 2%
    Republicans in Congress
  • 44%
    President Trump
  • 3%
    No opinion
Total responses: 412,109 votes

How would you rate Nancy Pelosi's performance so far as House speaker?

• 31%
    Good
  • 10%
    Fair
  • 54%
    Poor
  • 5%
    No opinion
Total responses: 452,399 votes

Was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi right to delay the State of the Union address until the partial government shutdown ends?

• 45%
    Yes
  • 50%
    No
  • 5%
    I don’t know
Total responses: 543,190 votes
Who won the political standoff over the State of the Union address?

• 17%
    President Trump
  • 35%
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
  • 42%
    Neither won
  • 6%
    No opinion
Total responses: 854,695 votes

Looks like plenty of blame for both sides regarding the Shutdown.
these type polls aren't controlled scientifically nor based on random samples and projection off them is not scientifically based
Poll Results

Should politicians continue to be paid during the partial government shutdown?

• 3%
    Yes
  • 96%
    No
  • 1%
    No opinion
Total responses: 369,518 votes
Snapshot of real-time results. More polls

• oeb11
  • 01-25-2019, 08:09 AM
these type polls aren't controlled scientifically nor based on random samples and projection off them is not scientifically based Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

Perhaps - the methodology is not described
Results can be seen as raw data.
Given that - reasonable to think that opinion of respondents shows both sides share blame for shutdown.

Results can be seen as raw data.
Originally Posted by oeb11
Hate to break it to you, but "results" are not "raw data" or vice versa.

"Results" are an interpretation of the compilation of the "raw data" and nothing more.

For the purpose of gathering reasonably reliable information for the purpose of marketing/decision-making, if in fact one wants to base one's decision-making on "polls," one must craft questions that are neutral and not worded in such a way as to suggest the answer desired by the pollster just as starters, and then one must seek a participant base that is also random and unbiased.

It has been mentioned in the past few years that pollsters are engaging people to assist in the polling who are using a response like: "None of your business" or "fuck you" or just a hangup as a response to the question for the purpose of gathering data, and that response is consistent with the questioner's bias. What one ends up getting are almost valueless "results"!

Then you get bullshit like there is going to be a "blue wave" ... and then when some "ripples" occur .... there is a redefinition of what "wave" means! The same with "a wall"!

For instance: Do you agree with Trump that we should build "a wall" along the Southern Border?

How about this one:

Do you agree that Trump should shut down the Government so he can get a wall built along the Southern Border?

And just to show how BIASED are the questions ..... here are some "background" FACTS ....

https://ktla.com/2018/10/11/mexico-b...d-in-calexico/

Construction workers last week put up the final panel of a new border barrier in Calexico, Calif., a project touted by President Trump as the first part of his promised wall between Mexico and the U.S.