STD Testing - Where's the best?

As active hobbyist, from time-to-time we should all get tested. What resources do we have in Austin that are confidential - both public and individual dr's & clinic?

If a test turns-up positive (not the serious stuff life HIV), what medical clinics/professionals are available for treatment?

Referrals appreciated - good for us all.

Thanks.
What are your symptoms?
Go to Planned Parenthood. Have a phony name and address ready. Pay cash. Use a hobby phone number. $100 or so. I forget the turnaround time, but I think it's around a few weeks.
15 bucks at the rbj center on waller street in austin. They test for everything. Everyone should have 15 bucks; imo, there is no excuse for not getting tested regularly. That goes for provider and hobbyist.
no symptoms - just precaution...
Hey,
I volunteer to be the nurse! Exams by Brit...HMMM, that sounds like a fun session!
Go to Planned Parenthood. Have a phony name and address ready. Pay cash. Use a hobby phone number. $100 or so. I forget the turnaround time, but I think it's around a few weeks. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I don't know the exact rate for men at Planned Parenthood but for female testing, a full panel STD and HIV testing is $165 in Dallas (guessing it's the same in Austin). You don't need a hobby phone because they will give you a piece of paper with a client number on it that you can call for results. They will NOT give you HIV results over the phone.

That has been my experience. If you want to add Hep blood work to the mix, the final cost is almost $200, which is what I do. Why? I eat a lot of "questionable" food (sushi is my favorite and that qualifies) and that tends to be a carrier (VERY rare, though) and I used to travel a lot. So I just spend the extra $30 or so and go ahead and get that done.

I've checked out other options and unless you go the county route, it's much more expensive then Planned Parenthood. Again, those rates above are for women. Maybe testing men is cheaper? I don't know.

Damn, I missed the days when they tested for free. But that was decades ago.

Oh. Planned Parenthood will treat the problem. And Planned Parenthood has the BEST condoms at the cheapest rate if you pick them up there. If you order them online, they're expensive as hell. "Proper Attire" are 25 cents (per condom) at the clinic. I highly recommend them. You can also get female condoms there for 50 cents each. That's a lot cheaper as well if you're interested in trying something different.

Good luck!!!

Elisabeth
Hey,
I volunteer to be the nurse! Exams by Brit...HMMM, that sounds like a fun session! Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
damn dont know if i want you sticking a swap up my pecker... we as long as i get you to somehow touch it
What brit says ive tested there several times only 15 bucks totally confidential. Forget the name of the place but Google free clinic Austin. Off of waller south central btn riverside n holly north bound side of 35. If. They do find something meds are extra of course. Most results are instantly given rest take about a few weeks
The Home Access (Express) HIV-1 Test System, which one may buy at the pharmacist's counter of a Walgreen's Drug Store, or online. Home Access claims that system is FDA-Approved and accurate in testing for HIV anti-bodies. The regular test kit cost $44, and $60 for the Express kit with results in 24 hours.

The system is anonymous. There are three overhead steps that make the system anonymous: Activation of the Test Kit Id via telephone; dropping off a sample of your bodily fluid, well packaged, in their self-addressed, prepaid envelop at a FedEx pickup point; and the telephone call to collect the result by Test Kit Id. Other than these three overhead steps ...

... all it takes is a little prick and some work to get a few drops out of it as a sample.

Online References:
http://www.homeaccess.com/HIV_Test.asp
http://www.homeaccess.com/ExpressHIV_Test.asp
They will NOT give you HIV results over the phone. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Here in Austin, they said that they would call you if the tests were positive. No call in x days means negative tests. I'm guessing that if you're positive for HIV, you get a call to "come in and get your results," or some such BS to satisfy some sort of legal/medical requirement.
Here in Austin, they said that they would call you if the tests were positive. No call in x days means negative tests. I'm guessing that if you're positive for HIV, you get a call to "come in and get your results," or some such BS to satisfy some sort of legal/medical requirement. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I didn't think they did that. When I have been tested they said I would be called in so they could go over the results with me.
I didn't think they did that. When I have been tested they said I would be called in so they could go over the results with me. Originally Posted by NipLover
They used to do it "your way" on earlier visits. The last time I went, they did it "my way" with the "no call means no problem" process. I did have the option to call or come in if I wanted to. I don't know when the policies changed.
Try: http://www.anylabtestnow.com/Austin Originally Posted by 2wayhard6
They have these in Dallas and other places as well. But they're expensive. Very.

Elisabeth