Did I mess up?

OK, I have a friend who is an older (65ish) gentlemen. He just recently started going to strip clubs (he says that's my fault) and loves them. Well, he hooks up with a dancer and they start hanging out more in the club and then she showed up at his place while we (the fella's) were drinking. She is a fine pretty young thing with an ass that was incredible. We left, of course, and he said they had started "hanging out".

So after a while I watched the situation over a few weeks. He would tell me about when she showed up and had a problem with something. He didn't go into details but he said he was able to get the problems resolved. One day I commented that there is no problem a dancer has that can not be solved with cash.

Turns out that he was giving her money all of the time to solve her "problems". When he tested out my theory and stopped giving her money she stopped coming around and won't even approach him in the club anymore. Now he is pissed at me for saying something.

Was I wrong?
Sounds like a case of "biting the hands that feed you". Nothing wrong in giving cautions to a friend. If you had not told him, he would probably resent you in the future for not looking out for him. Sounds like he's just recoiling into the reality of the situation now and need someone/something to take it out on. It's about personal responsibility and he does not seem to be carrying his this time around.
careful how you throw around the phrase "older gentleman"... LOL
A lot of us here aren't "kids" anymore.
Were you wrong? nope, not at all. You didn't run her off, she left when the gravy train stopped running. He's just mad at himself for being a fool. Just introduce him to a new toy of the week and maybe he'll recognize the pattern with the girls that "just love the new sugardaddy".. He'll eventually realize he's NOT so special that these young heifers can't stay away from him as long as he's willing to be a bank for them.
And please get her name for us!
sorry about that nuglet. I'm trying to come to grips with my 40's.
The name would be nice. Boycott her ass. If I were that guy, and you, I would go there and spend money on other girls to piss her off.
Sounds like he is actually pissed at himself for being a sucker, and embarrassed that others (you) know about it. The did the right thing.

LF
I think you did the right thing
sorry about that nuglet. I'm trying to come to grips with my 40's. Originally Posted by vtxghost
no harm meant -- or taken. 40's?!?! Just a kid.. enjoy the youth..LOL
Hell, I've got bad habits older than that..
You did the right thing.
hmmm a Stripper that only cared about $$$

You dont say?

can you detect my sarcasm?

Completely OT but--

Ralphey-- I love your signature. One of my favorite episodes EVER.
  • CDL1
  • 06-07-2010, 01:33 PM
vtx,

U didn't do anything wrong but remember that in olden times the messenger got killed after the message was delivered, hence the term, "Don't kill the messenger."

Hopefully, in time, this person will remember that you tried to be a true friend to him. He foolishly did not appreciate your attempt to save him from himself.

I enjoyed a wonderful two evenings at Sugar's and when I get to Austin again, I am sure I will make a few phone calls to a couple of dancers I was able to meet and get to know. But we all know that 99.99% these "relationships" will be short-lived. It seems your friend thought he was the .01% and that she actually liked him as a person and not as a wallet. For her, the next sugardaddy is always coming in the door...

Hope your friend eventually realizes you are a true friend to him,
You did the right thing... You just need to introduce him to some sweeties that are on here now!!! If not that, then I must agree with ibechill and go make her jealous!!