request for info Shyster

Shyster , Would you consider writing a small clip about how to locate a correct lawyer before you have trouble. We are all clear on the keep the mouth shut, but I would have to look in the yellow pages if there was an issue. How do you locate a lawyer in advance that is available when you might need him and has the skills in this type of work? They will all say they can handle these type issues. You can't use the internet in jail (except Addison) Should you bail bond (bondsman) out?
I didn't know the DFW Alerts forum was like my personal PM box. Haha. This issue comes up a lot and I've written about if before. Maybe the mods can move this thread to Coed and I'll answer the man's question.
Moved from Alerts.

Torito
I'm at trial right now, but I'll try to post by tomorrow. If need be, I'll skip calling some vital witnesses just so I can quickly reply to diddleman.

These are the questions I plan on answering. (Feel free to add your own).

1. Should I retain a lawyer in advance in case I'm arrested?
2. How do I find a good lawyer?
3. How do I get out of jail if I'm arrested?
Should I use a bonding company, or find an attorney who also posts bail bonds. In addition should I look for an attorney that is Board Certified in Criminal Law. Oh yeah, let me go ahead and accept deferred adjudication.......I can do it
When we discuss this- let's consider it is going to happen not during business hours. Sorry about the question placement in alerts. I thought you would see it there. Thanks in advance Shyster.
  • shlub
  • 05-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Question: Can you provide advice regarding digital evidence? With the availability of digital forensic software for smart phones, what needs to be done to protect yourself? Is it likely that the devices will be confiscated? If so, what are LE's rights to search them?

While I know what to do to protect my data, I'd like to know if I am being overly cautious.

Thanks
I do hope you guys plan to pay SJ for all of this info.

I know from past posts from SJ that he will suggest you have a bail bondsmen on speed dial. Although, that may be useless if they confiscate your phone.
Also, please clarify if you asking only about a criminal lawyer?