Hobby World vs "Real" World

I find it funny how I've abandoned Facebook and a few other social media platforms and spend majority of my spare time in the forums.. Yes, Its sort of my job as a provider to be active in the Hobby World but I also enjoy coming to the forums and talking to other likeminded people, both male and female.

I love a great debate! I always find a good laugh, a nice story, and some not so nice stories lol.

I enjoy surfing thru the threads more than scrolling down FB or snapping selfies with puppy ear filters!!

Am I the only one who enjoys the Hobby World waaaaay more than the "Real" World??
I enjoy all aspects of my RW and the hobby. I travel a great deal for work which has played a role in me not finding a permanent type girlfriend. The hobby provides a great release for me. On the other hand my RW is filled with great friends and a wonderful family. I am blessed to have both. I would like to crush and putt a golf ball better however.
On the other hand my RW is filled with great friends and a wonderful family. I am blessed to have both. Originally Posted by Snafu75
Absolutely agree 100%... cant count out real friends and family... I was kinda hinting towards being able to talk amongst people who can relate to the hobby, versus the judgemental society of the "real" world outside of hobbying.
Absolutely agree 100%... cant count out real friends and family... I was kinda hinting towards being able to talk amongst people who can relate to the hobby, versus the judgemental society of the "real" world outside of hobbying. Originally Posted by Alyssa Monroe
I'm with you, in the sense that I would rather surf here than Social Media.. anything I can get from there I can get better here. I'm not a Facebook fan at all, Twitter, Instagram.. you can have them.
I'm with you, in the sense that I would rather surf here than Social Media.. anything I can get from there I can get better here. I'm not a Facebook fan at all, Twitter, Instagram.. you can have them. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Right! all those platforms are more about "likes" and lies about who people really are. At least here, you can be more of yourself, especially in a sexual sense.

Ask & You Shall Receive
I used to do Facebook and Twitter but found it boring and a waste of time. I’ve come to appreciate this site for the intel, stories and witty banter. I get a kick out some of the contributors posts (especially Chung’s!) or the fantastic reviews of Gatsby and You & Me. I love this site and the gorgeous ladies that contribute here and entertain us.
Right! all those platforms are more about "likes" and lies about who people really are. At least here, you can be more of yourself, especially in a sexual sense.

Ask & You Shall Receive Originally Posted by Alyssa Monroe
I never cared for social status I mean social media. I enjoy the privacy of not being judged about what I do. I agree your more at ease here than other platforms.
I personally would rather be more connected to what’s going on with “the real world” than what’s going on with other hoes & tricks.. sure, ECCIE is entertaining and all but I do enjoy the occasional celebrity beef, news updates, and cute animal videos. Making this part of your life the main part isn’t the healthiest.. I would know from personal experience
  • BLM69
  • 10-25-2018, 05:17 PM
Social media is not the RW, everything is exaggerated and full of lies, they only capture a snap shot of someone's fake life, family and neighbors are into that crsp

I like being private without anyone knowing my moves or schedule, also not looking to be found by any women I've stuffed even though they only met my representative and not the real me. I agree that this place is more real at least from the hobby side of it
I have close friends and family on social media, but much of my life on Facebook is a facade. In the anonymity here I have been way more candid about my personal life than I ever have elsewhere. I take each for what it is.
Social media is not the RW, everything is exaggerated and full of lies, they only capture a snap shot of someone's fake life family and neighbors are into that crsp

I like being private without anyone knowing my moves or schedule, also not looking to be found by any women I've stuffed even though they only met my representative and not the real me. I agree that this place is more real at least from the hobby side of it Originally Posted by BLM69
Thank you! +1000

It is basically a cesspool of delusion & nonsense, and a place for people trying to escape their reality and be what they wish they could be in the ACTUAL real world.

As far as Eccie, it's interesting on occasion b/c it's one of the few (maybe only) places where hobby related things can be discussed. But that's about it.
Please no one get it confused, I'm speaking solely on entertainment purposes as well as people being able to openly discuss things they wouldn't be able to discuss in their real world.
I'd NEVER allow my hobby to consume my entire life. That sounds quite sad and monotonous lol.. And I hope whoever has fell into that realm seeks help.

But when it comes to things like Facebook and others, they seem to have turned into a game of "catch-up" and competition for absolutely no reason. Which is also very sad and depressing to watch.
Thank you! +1000

It is basically a cesspool of delusion & nonsense, and a place for people trying to escape their reality and be what they wish they could be in the ACTUAL real world.

As far as Eccie, it's interesting on occasion b/c it's one of the few (maybe only) places where hobby related things can be discussed. But that's about it. Originally Posted by TheOracle
+1
+2