Providers No-Showing

I planned ahead for my trip to Dallas this week and was no-showed by the same provider two nights in a row. I know, I know. One no-show should have been enough but there was a slightly plausible basis for the first no show that I gave her the benefit of the doubt on and she seemed to be a genuinely nice person, so I agreed to the second evening as well.

My belief is that she probably over-booked both days. The question is: do providers realize that by doing this they are actually hurting the ability of another woman to make a living?

If so, should this even be their concern or is this just a "every woman for herself" type of business? Just a question, because I leave here with a lot of $$$ in my pocket that I had intended to spend.
You just need to do a better job of selecting the ladies.
In retrospect, no doubt that is true. However, I do my research. There was absolutely no indication that this woman would do that. And, in my defense, she reassured me that everything was on for the appointment.
Who is she?
Take a look at the Men's Lounge. I am hesitant to name the woman because it is not really pertinent to the question that I raise.

If it becomes apparent that I should, I will.
My opinion is that most don't give a shit about you and your time or the other girls not having the opportunity to take your money.

Research is only of any value if you know the people writing the reviews. I don't have to take off my shoes to count the number of guys I trust.

Sorry for your bad experience.
Oooppppsssss
As AcesHigh said, he named her in the Men's lounge. Thanks.
I've curtailed my tail-hunting so this might be dated. But a while back a lady fessed up to me that she would purposely double book time because of clients no-showing her. If both clients ended up being a "go" she'd proceed with the better prospect and cut the other one loose.
Just had a NCNS yesterday. She has always seemed nice in chat and has always had good reviews. I'll give her a second chance before I say too much.
I've curtailed my tail-hunting so this might be dated. But a while back a lady fessed up to me that she would purposely double book time because of clients no-showing her. If both clients ended up being a "go" she'd proceed with the better prospect and cut the other one loose. Originally Posted by Hercules

I've felt like a plan B before and have gotten some lame excuses ("I forgot I scheculed furniture delivery for this afternoon." I did offer to help break it in.) but fortunately have yet to be no-showed.
stick with the smart ones....we just skip the drama and show up.
  • Jaci
  • 10-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Anastasia you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!

On Time All the Time,Jaci
I planned ahead for my trip to Dallas this week and was no-showed by the same provider two nights in a row. I know, I know. One no-show should have been enough but there was a slightly plausible basis for the first no show that I gave her the benefit of the doubt on and she seemed to be a genuinely nice person, so I agreed to the second evening as well.

===>pmd: sorry that happened to you. she lost out big time, imho.

My belief is that she probably over-booked both days. The question is: do providers realize that by doing this they are actually hurting the ability of another woman to make a living?

===>pmd: even if you talk w/ her, you'll never really know what or why she behaved the way she did.
all you can say if that might have hurt her business [assuming she didnt see anyone at all].
i dont think you can really say that she hurt any other woman's business.

If so, should this even be their concern or is this just a "every woman for herself" type of business? Just a question, because I leave here with a lot of $$$ in my pocket that I had intended to spend.

===>pmd: did you buy a bunch of lottery tickets to help the Texas General Fund and the Texas Education funding?? :^) Originally Posted by AcesHigh

My opinion is that most don't give a shit about you and your time or the other girls not having the opportunity to take your money.

Sorry for your bad experience. Originally Posted by monkmonk
agree!! most business owners just think about their own business and how to increase it. some dont think about how to increase it.
providing is not much different in these regards.
Should I care how much money any of the guys replying to this thread makes? Absolutely not, and they shouldn't care about my earnings either. It isn't any different for the women. They can only worry about spending the money that they make.