Account hacking attempts

I believe someone may be attempting to hack my account. Three times in the last 12-14 hours I endeavored to enter ECCIE only to see the message that I had used up my 5 long-in attempts and to try again in 15 minutes, but I hadn't even been online, much less trying to access the board.

Happened once before, and I was told that there are bot programs out there that make auto-attempts. For what purpose, I wonder?

Anybody else encountering this?
I ran into the same thing last night. It said wait 15 minutes, I would try after 15 minutes and still get the wait 15 minutes message. Hope it was just a temporary problem with the site and not hacking attempt.
I ran into the same thing last night. It said wait 15 minutes, I would try after 15 minutes and still get the wait 15 minutes message. Hope it was just a temporary problem with the site and not hacking attempt. Originally Posted by ProhibitionX

Ah, thanks for sharing. Comforting to know that it wasn't just me. Happened yesterday eve and again this morning. I was getting the same repeated message, too. I've heard that mass hacking attempts had been made in the past to disrupt ECCIE.

Hopefully just a glitch and not another attack.
Anybody else? Might be useful for the tech staff to know whether or not this is a widespread event.
Although it was not last night I have had this same thing hapoen to me. Was about 2 months ago though.
Could not sign in all day. When sign on was rejected, it said ID or password was wrong and maximum number of attempts exceeded. I thought of a bot trying over and over, but I'm not a geek.
  • ognob
  • 02-07-2017, 05:32 PM
same problem with me all day today.
  • smax
  • 02-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Could not sign in all day. When sign on was rejected, it said ID or password was wrong and maximum number of attempts exceeded. I thought of a bot trying over and over, but I'm not a geek. Originally Posted by Sadsack

I had this same issue earlier today as well
I had this same issue earlier today as well Originally Posted by smax
I still cant sign in the regular way. This works for me. Go to the ECCIE main page, go to the "contact us" link, sign in, then navigate to Houston.
I still cant sign in the regular way. This works for me. Go to the ECCIE main page, go to the "contact us" link, sign in, then navigate to Houston. Originally Posted by Sadsack
Ah, progress! I just now discovered this "back door."

Same issue as before trying to access ECCIE. Went a different route
through a Google link for searching provider Showcases. Signing in on any page OTHER than the usual one I log in from seems to work. Some sort of weird browser issue? A bug? We should probably all clear out histories and caches.

Weird. Man-made or gremlins?
  • Heman
  • 02-07-2017, 09:58 PM
^ Fancy's workaround worked for me, thanks.
Had issues logging in both yesterday and today
No problem here..........

............but yet...... I'm a techy nerd............

I and other members are still having access problems this morning. Apparently an intermittent yet recurring issue, but my back door approach is working less and less. Whether laptop, cell, or desktop, same message. Clearing the e-pipes hasn't helped, and bookmarking the page where I logged in before seems to invite blockage. I keep having to find new paths to enter ECCIE.

Per a thread in the main forum, seems to be just Texas at present, and not everyone here is affected. http://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=10...post1059164618

Don't know if this is a hack attack or gremlin glitch or what. Why some and not others? Possibly browser or ISP-related? Any likely explanations and fixes?
No issues here. I logged in just fine.