Was this prostitution related or was he meeting a civilian?

I can't help but think this was a street walker he had just met or had seen a few times before.

What do you guys and gals think ..... Prostitute or civilian?

http://www.khou.com/news/Investigato...103171834.html

HOUSTON -- A high school football coach who was shot at a north Houston motel in August was apparently the victim of a set-up, investigators with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said Friday.

Aldine High football coach Lionel Crawford, 40, initially told investigators he was shot in the stomach when he stopped to use the restroom at the Scottish Inn on Rankin Road in north Houston.

But investigators on Friday said that wasn’t the case.

They said Crawford had checked into the hotel with 26-year-old Latangia Grigsby that night, and was waiting there for another woman when he was shot.

Investigators said Crawford had a gun on him, which he is licensed to carry, and Grigsby asked to see it.

Grigsby reportedly told the coach that she wanted to scare the second woman – a friend – as a joke when she arrived.

Investigators believe Crawford handed over the weapon, and then there was a knock at the door.

But instead of a woman, a masked male suspect was there.

Investigators said there was a struggle, during which the coach was shot.
After the shooting, Grigsby and the masked man left together.
Grigsby has since been arrested and charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. She posted bail on Thursday.

Deputies said they were still looking for the male suspect, and they did not yet know his identity.
After the shooting, Crawford’s players said they were shocked.

"I never would have expected this would happen, especially to Coach Crawford," said Mustangs DE Galen Nailor. "You’d never think anybody would do that, try and hurt somebody like that."

Since the shooting, Crawford has recovered and returned to work. It’s his second season as head coach at Aldine, which is also his alma mater. He played football there before heading to the University of Wisconsin in the late 1980s.
I think it was some little hoodrat that knew from his personal life that thought he may have had a little bread (maybe), and knew that he carried a gun. So ironic that she would ask to see it to brandish it at someone else of all things, and he just hands it over to her. Then a guy shows up at the door in lieu of what was supposed to be a female... for what, a threesome? I call crack head hoodrat setup.
Since he lied about it instead of being up front I don't think its a civilian.

Apparently the coach had too many head injury's prior to the event taking place to hand over a gun as part of a joke....
Probably ANOTHER bp type girl who puts in her ADS that she is an Indy???
Probably ANOTHER bp type girl who puts in her ADS that she is an Indy??? Originally Posted by ratboy jam
Don't go hating on a girl just because she has a driver ...
Don't go hating on a girl just because she has a driver ... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
Or would that be a BM??

Business mgr.?
Or would that be a BM??

Business mgr.? Originally Posted by ratboy jam
It's none of your business what she does with her money... or your money ... or your gun...
If this story is true, that he had a Concealed Carry Permit, he just committed a Class A Mis by brandishing it, and if any other charges are filed, it could be upgraded to a Felony.

If not already, he will be getting a letter of arrest from the Harris County Law.

The provisions laid out when you decide to get a Concealed Carry Permit are very strict, and punishable. I doubt "showing your Gun" to a hooker in a Notel will go over big with the State.

He is in for a tough ride.
If this story is true, that he had a Concealed Carry Permit, he just committed a Class A Mis by brandishing it, and if any other charges are filed, it could be upgraded to a Felony.

If not already, he will be getting a letter of arrest from the Harris County Law.

The provisions laid out when you decide to get a Concealed Carry Permit are very strict, and punishable. I doubt "showing your Gun" to a hooker in a Notel will go over big with the State.

He is in for a tough ride. Originally Posted by Jackie S
its not that serious bro....he wasn't in a public place where it could have incited fear to other civilians by him "brandishing" it... he was in a private room with one other person. A hotel room to be exact so the state would also see that as him being in his home and therefore the Castle Doctrine goes into effect.

his dumbest mistake was handing it over to somebody he just met. Maybe the idiot wouldn't have got shot.
IMO either he knew her so was comfortable handing it to her or he really is that stupid. I have shot, owned, and carried many a firearm and never once handed one over to a friend or otherwise to play a joke on someone else. If I walked into a room armed and someone pointed a weapon at me then I can assure you someone, me or them won't be leaving the room.

Firearms whether you have s permit or not come with a lot of responsibility.

To answer the actual question. I think he knew her and trusted her enough to hand his firearm to her.
Football Coach, loaded gun, prostitute, notell ... what could possibly go wrong...
IMO either he knew her so was comfortable handing it to her or he really is that stupid. I have shot, owned, and carried many a firearm and never once handed one over to a friend or otherwise to play a joke on someone else. If I walked into a room armed and someone pointed a weapon at me then I can assure you someone, me or them won't be leaving the room.

Firearms whether you have s permit or not come with a lot of responsibility.

To answer the actual question. I think he knew her and trusted her enough to hand his firearm to her. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
+1
he trusted her enough to have her play with his gun. He's seen her before. I'm thinking along with daphne. BTW, daphne. that's a very sexy picture in your signature.
To answer the actual question. I think he knew her and trusted her enough to hand his firearm to her. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
Good point. I never thought of that.

But how did he meet her? She could have been a streetwalker he saw a few times and trusted her.
They're a lot of ways he could have known her.