To review or not to review

Reviews are worthless. Period. All reviews suck because they never tell the whole story. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

Reviews are VERY important.
Operating in the hobby without research is not just problematic. . .it is stupid. Originally Posted by ANONONE
Because I agree that any one review can be biased or incomplete, I rarely make any decisions without information being validated by several different sources. It is difficult not to see the value in that.
Like most have already said, keep them honest. Seeing how 95% of them you say is really positive, it does seem as though you go into it with a positive attitude.

I haven't had a bad review before, never had one less then steller, but I am sure there is going to be a day when I am not on top of my game, I don't 'click' with the gentleman, or I'll get one with a bad attitude and he will post a negative reveiw on me. When this happens, I will be devestated. I will cry, and blame everyone but myself. I will contact the gentleman to find out what the issue may be. I would hope that I would have more class then to say snide and hateful things.

We are dealing with women's feelings here when we talk about a negative review. Women, by nature, are very emotional creatures. Even though you may have done the 'right' thing and you kept it honest because you are the stand-up type of guy, feelings are still going to be hurt. But there is no place for that in a business.

Keep up the great work you are doing with your honest reviews and realize emotional providers are just part of it. As long as you know you are in the right, and that you have built up the reputation with the gentlemen that you're honest, just brush yourself off and move on to the next 'positive' session!
This is an interesting thread. We have had a little bit of lunacy, but some great wisdom from Laurenitus and Tiffany Cumms.
I still don't understand what the fuss is here. This is an easy fix:

1) Provider A sends Client B a rude PM calling him a jerk for writing she was 25 pounds over her profile weight and insinuating she was a clock watcher (or whatever negative element was in the review) with enough detail that proves she read the ROS portion of the review, or perhaps something that was said in the locker room.

2) Client B, being a responsible member of our community sends this PM and any other evidence that helps their investigation to the staff. He is unflappable and does not fret about white knights or other things beyond his control. He wrote an honest review without making derogatory remarks--just a fair and balanced presentation so he has nothing to fret about.

3) The board management then confronts Provider A with the evidence of her unauthorized use of the site. One of two things are true--she either had access by duplicity with her registration, or some (insert extremely profane words) poor excuse of a man shared this info with her for whatever bizarre agenda he had. The staff informs her that she is suspended indefinitely until she provides the exact nature of her ability to read the ROS statement--names or details or no reinstatement. Once she fesses up, they can decide how long she is suspended. If another gentleman was indeed involved, he gets a matching suspension.

A sticky bulletin is put in the appropriate area of the board that announces the handle(s) that leaked or accessed private information, the length of the suspension dealt out and the fact that their ability to be discreet is suspect. They get some time off to think about it, and when they come back they have the stigma of being untrustworthy, male or female, until they prove to the community they have learned their lesson. This public announcement clarifies the position of the board on discretion and acts as a deterrent to the next person that thinks about trading trust for gain. Originally Posted by ANONONE
Reviews are VERY important. Those that doubt it, were not around hobbying when there was no internet. I shudder at the idea of going back to cold calls from sex classifieds and yellow page ads for agencies.

I am sorry, but the above post was the most foolish thing I have read on this board in months. Charles is a good guy, but I think he is letting his funk/bitterness over whatever happened to him color his posts a bit black and blue.

Operating in the hobby without research is not just problematic. . .it is stupid. Originally Posted by ANONONE
You are extremely misguided or inexperienced if you really believe that.

Reviews are one of the best tools we have for research. Period. Originally Posted by ANONONE
I almost hate to admit it, but for once I actually agree with ANON.

We take reviews with a grain of salt, and take them in the context of all other information we may have about a particular provider....and they are a valuable resource indeed. There will always be those who claim that there's a better way of doing things, but the eccie way has worked well for me and umpteen thousand other members. If not, there are plenty of other boards out there where you may find what you're looking for. Happy hunting, and we'll leave the light on for ya.
i belive reviews are helpful when honest good or bad and to speak on the bad if you had a bad review as a provider it sucks for what ever reason my experiance in 08 i went by athena i had a customer who was real cocky and rude and im a nice upbeat girl i like to have fun and etc but he brung the Long Beach out of me !! Meaning i basically threw him out on his ass and the whole time he leaving out the door sayin are you sure this is what u want to do i answered by slammin my door . The next day i awoke to numerous emails linkin me to the most appolling reveiw and hell yeah i had to say somethin about it .But in return after the review i basically was on a prove it basis and clients wanted you to work extra hard to prove it wrong as if the 10 or 20 other good reviews didnt matter now that Sucks Ass!!!!!!!! but the was people who had my back but good or bad even providers can have bad days and every appt is diffrent i have clients who sometimes i dont want them to leave there so much fun other i have to prepare myself for there ego but u cant please everyone no matter how hard you try..................
I'm just saying that reviews don't give you the whole story because the whole story just isn't there. Even (or especially) in the ROS. You have to read all these reviews not with just a grain of salt, but with a pound. There are just too many influence affecting the reviews, and it's well known that they don't always reflect the truth.
Copied from From CT2005 above ..

Well said..

And dont forget the fact that a good review can be posted for any provider if she elects to "buy" the review with personal favors.
My .02 call it like it is. Don't upsell, Don't short. Just tell it like it is. All though providers can't see the ROS word usually leaks out, and I for one would like to know if I'm living up to or exceeding expectations as well as if I need to pay more attention to some detail Originally Posted by chelsea simms
Chelsea, I agree. Ladies should want to know that what they thought was good service was actually received that way. If it wasn't, either because there was an issue with the delivery or the reception, that's something I certainly want to know. I've yet to see a bad review about myself, but then again, I don't often go looking for them. I certainly don't see the point in asking for one either. I think its a gentleman's choice whether to kiss and tell or not. And reviewer or not, I'm trying to have as much fun with you as you are with me...hell, maybe more so!

It's also important to me that every gentleman I see is aware of what's cool and what's not during our sessions. I don't limit my menu very much, but there are one or two things I'm not comfortable with in general. I like to tell gents to check out my P411 page for info on services. Its worked out well so far. No surprises. Nothing up sold. A session is a session, a total package, regardless of who it is (unless you're member is built like a 10 inch coke can). The only difference is that some may have scheduled more time, which, in turn, offers a "more detailed" experience.

There are a few things I can't stand about the review situation, but then there are ups and downs with a lot of things in life, no? What tends to get me the most?
  • False reviews to get credit somewhere. Ugh.
  • Having someone make a comment about your service because someone else received something different. I don't "limit" my services based on the donation given, but I do pay attention to what a gent says he enjoys, and try to make those particular things happen. If you didn't have the same experience (even after I spoke to you about what you might like) then its surely because I wasn't made aware of your full expectation. I, personally, WANT to see you back, so it's important for me to make every effort to please and enjoy our time.
  • Receiving a request for a session that offers information about other reviews he's written (as to insinuate that the hobbyist will do the same for my review). No thank you. If you CHOOSE to write one, great. If not, that's ok too. But the offer doesn't entice me at all and certainly won't provoke me to offer something to you that I didn't offer to another.
  • Receiving a request for a reference (i.e. notifying me a lady will be contacting me) and saying that I should provide a good one b/c he took the time to write a good review. Huh? No. Horse of a different color entirely. I'm not rating you...just confirming that you're safe and any "must know" info. You should be honest in your reviews, b/c I will be honest in my reference. Not to mention, I give refs for anyone I've seen, not just reviewers. Sheesh.

I get that all other gents have to go on is what's posted in reviews, so its important for them to be honest. You never read about a gent admitting he shorted a lady, but it happens. If she refuses to see you again after you pull something like that, its a crappy move to retaliate with a bad review, etc. Its just as important for ladies to be open about what they offer for the price, as well as gathering info on what he expects before you see one another. In that case, upselling (which to me is a pretty dirty deed) isn't even an issue. If all of this is given its due attention, then sessions would go as planned more often and fewer in the hobby would be surprised, both by what's in a review and what they receive during a date.

As always, this is simply MHO.
Nina I agree that there are bad hobbyist who try to get everything for nothing. There are some that use every way possible to lower the cost. I do think they are in the minority just as negative reviews are in the minority. I believe the reason some providers have alot of great reviews is that they tend to build on themselves. A great review sparks interest from other hobbyist producing another great review and so one. This does require the provider to continue to provide a good session. On the downside a provider can get so many good reviews that she gets the I can't be bothered attitude. She starts to think that she is immune to the bad review. I agree that just staying honest takes care of all of this on it's own in time
I believe you should be honest. If you feel the lady REALLY needs improvement in a certain area then you should say so. If you had a great time, then let the other guys know. Just know that some ladies have "off" days and don't use a review as a vendetta to get back at a provider. If guys are scared that a girl is going to bash their review and get salty about it, then maybe you should just make the ENTIRE review BCD only. Just let the review title show, that way the lady will at least KNOW she was reviewed.
For example, set aside a questionaire on your website that all your clients have a password to access and fill out. It's the same password for all clients, so the client who left the feedback is not identifiable. This way a hobbyist who is so inclined can leave data for you that can help you improve or just give kudos. Originally Posted by Laurentius
Most providers probably wouldn't do that, but it wouldn't prohibit ECCIE from setting up a forum like this in each geographical location. Reviews would be identifiable for the lady. But anonymous questionnaires? And they could all be gathered under the providers' screen names, so you could see averages, etc.
I think reviews are only as good by the particular reviewer your reading when its also in accord to your own preferences. Sort of gauging the reviewer. The info they provide and how descript they are explaining why shes the best stands out more to me.
I agree that the review is likely based on the reviewer's preferences. In my case I hesitate to post a review since my age and hence my own performance versus the lady's willingness to accomodate me may not be relevant or of interest to the majority of the hobby group.

I do use reviews in the selection process choosing the lady I wish to meet.

My thanks to the reviewers !
Most providers probably wouldn't do that, but it wouldn't prohibit ECCIE from setting up a forum like this in each geographical location. Reviews would be identifiable for the lady. But anonymous questionnaires? And they could all be gathered under the providers' screen names, so you could see averages, etc. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
You were wrong when you intimated that I was homering for Eccie because I'm a mod. I don't do that Charles and when I post as a mod, I think people know it. What I said was out of many, many years hobbying and yes! many years experience as a mod who has seen most of it, if not all.

I'm sure Eccie would set up something like that if there were enough demand. Would you be willing to pay for the extra bandwidth Charles?

There are guys who try to sell good reviews. Most of us, at least the old-timers know that. Eventually it catches up with them and they wind up out of the mainstream Board's. They're back on CL & BP & SugarDaddy's etc. trying to con the newbie girls.

The reverse are the guys who try to use bad reviews as retaliation. They also eventually get found out with the same result. The ladies should know that the driving force for getting rid of those creeps is most likely other hobbyists who recognize that as a heinous practice.

Reviews aren't perfect whatever there itteration but if they are honest and straightforward, they are the best way a hobbyist has of determining whether or not to spend the dime. JMHO
I'm sure Eccie would set up something like that if there were enough demand. Would you be willing to pay for the extra bandwidth Charles? Originally Posted by John Bull
I would be willing to contribute as long as it is short answer, but no, I wouldn't pay extra for the bandwidth. I don't review or pay for the ROS now, why should I do so with that?

Reviews aren't perfect whatever there itteration but if they are honest and straightforward, they are the best way a hobbyist has of determining whether or not to spend the dime. JMHO Originally Posted by John Bull
I used to do reviews, JB. With your superior access, you can find them on eraps and here. They are honest reviews.

However, you did surprise me. When I saw your name as the last poster, I expected the thread to be closed.
First, I have to say that I have had many glowing reviews and the parts that I could read were correct every time except for two occasions. I was too new to realize that I could have them changed when the first one happened. I did have the second one changed. But I was not happy about one comment which I could not get changed because I found it too late, that probably turned some upscale gentlemen which I would much rather have met off. Again, all of my reviews have been great and only two were exaggerated, that I know of.

Now, sometimes it seems like every time I turn around there's a new review about me and that's fine except a heads up, or a, "may I write a review about you" would be nice.

Thanks,
Ana