Man with gun STOPS rampage

A knife wielding man was stopped by an armed citizen in Utah.

http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/...RhrWCM9dQ.cspx
  • WTF
  • 07-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Never bring a knife to a gun fight
  • Doove
  • 07-27-2012, 09:57 AM
And if the guy in the grocery store was able to buy a gun instead of having to settle for a knife?
The guy in the store could have purchased a gun and for all we know,
He could be armed to the teeth at home.

Fact is.. Doove, this time a gun saved lives.
I'm with you a lot of the time... But this time, your off the mark. Well,
Just missed the point.

I'm a lefty who shoots righty.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight Originally Posted by WTF

+1
  • Doove
  • 07-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Fact is.. Doove, this time a gun saved lives. Originally Posted by UB9IB6
But in large part, only because the other guy didn't have a gun.

It's an argument that cuts both ways. You say that someone having a gun saved lives, but you could just as easily argue that someone not having a gun saved lives.

Further, the guy with the knife could have been stopped by a guy (or guys) without a gun. The odds against that occurring are greater if the guy with the knife had a gun instead.
But in large part, only because the other guy didn't have a gun.

It's an argument that cuts both ways. You say that someone having a gun saved lives, but you could just as easily argue that someone not having a gun saved lives.

Further, the guy with the knife could have been stopped by a guy (or guys) without a gun. The odds against that occurring are greater if the guy with the knife had a gun instead. Originally Posted by Doove
All great and valid points.. However, this time a responsible confident owner produced a weapon and unquestionably saved lives. That can't be argued.
What if the madman had a gun and noone else did. Then it's carte blanch for the gunman to exercise his will. Without an equal or greater measurable
Response regarding self defense, anyone is a sitting duck.

I respect your right to not like guns.. The reality is that they are NOT going anywhere. The best you can hope for is stricter enforcement of current gun laws
And greater scrutiny in ones ability to purchase. Law abiding citizens should be able to defend themselves and have most any weapon they choose.

I'm an avid guns man and lifetime NRA member.
I am also for assault weapons restrictions .
Maybe it's a contradiction to some... But reasonable to me.
I can't believe the news actually covered this. I'm also surprised the hero wasn't called a "wild vigilante"
I respect your right to not like guns.. The reality is that they are NOT going anywhere. The best you can hope for is stricter enforcement of current gun laws
And greater scrutiny in ones ability to purchase. Law abiding citizens should be able to defend themselves and have most any weapon they choose.

I'm an avid guns man and lifetime NRA member.
I am also for assault weapons restrictions .
Maybe it's a contradiction to some... But reasonable to me. Originally Posted by UB9IB6
As a non gun owner -- well said!!
Ah, the tortured logic of Doove. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. That is why people carried concealed weapons. So they can act instead of wishing for something else.
Good for him, wish he would have shot the criminal so we wouldn't have to pay for his 3 hots a day, but can't have everything.