Account Frozen???

My account, UtterNonsense, is frozen and I don't know why.

I tried to avoid creating another account for this, but none of the other contact methods seem to be working. I filled out the form in the Contact Us link located in the footer of some pages. I also e mailed websupport@eccie.net from my yahoo e mail, but it bounced back as spam (revealing at least six addresses to which it forwards, by the way, if that's a concern to any of them).
  • ztonk
  • 06-01-2015, 07:08 PM
I've asked the admins to look into it.

ztonk
Fixed! Thank you!

... although I'm curious what it was; more specifically, if it was something I did. The last thing I remember when it was working was a I went on a spree skimming many of Still Looking's reviews; kind of went new tab crazy.
The same thing has happened to me if I control-clicked on a bunch of links to pre-load a bunch of tabs. From experience it seems like I can click on about 20 or 30 links relatively quickly without locking my account.
oh... It's a Denial-of-Service attack prevention policy?
Thanks for the feedback. That's what I expected.

I'd like to confirm the limit ... without tripping it again. I often pull up a page of threads and ctrl-click all that are of interest, pre-loading them in the background to read later. I mean, who doesn't?

I guess 30's enough to be safe. I'll slow down.

I blame SL. If his reviews weren't so informative I wouldn't have wanted to read all of his recent ones.
oh... It's a Denial-of-Service attack prevention policy? Originally Posted by whatever7777
More likely it's to prevent webscraping.

I'd like to confirm the limit ... without tripping it again. I often pull up a page of threads and ctrl-click all that are of interest, pre-loading them in the background to read later. I mean, who doesn't? Originally Posted by UtterNonsense
I agree this is the only way to efficiently read lots of threads. I want them loading while I'm reading so I don't have to wait for each page.

I often click on all the new threads on a forum page... looks like that's about 20 + any updated stickies. I only have problems when I switch to another page and load those threads before the threads from the previous page have all loaded.

I agree it would be nice to know the real threshold. It might be rate based or it might be number of simultaneous downloads. In either case, I haven't had any problems since I started limiting to one page at a time.
Limiting to one page full of background links sounds good ... and appears to be working.

At least, I did that many last night and I'm still here.

Thanks for the feedback!