Text Etiquette

I hate texting but in this business it can be essential...so I am still learning "the do's & dont's"...
here are a few tips I found....share any of yours!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Always double check your text before hitting the send button. We have all seen some tragic auto-correct mishaps that can easily be avoided by taking two seconds to proofread.

Make sure to verify who you are sending your text to. Unfortunately, when we write about people in text messages, we aren’t always — ahem — praising their best qualities, and you would hate to send it to them accidentally.

If you are running late, text to let the person you are meeting know that you’re on your way. You get bonus points for giving an estimated time of arrival.

Don’t use LOL and other text slang when it doesn’t make sense. Consider who you’re texting because many people don’t have a clue what ROTFL or SMH mean.

AND most important...identify yourself when texting!!!
  • katee
  • 04-29-2016, 10:37 AM
I hear many stories of ladies texting gentlemen to let them know they are available, or running a "special"... I never text anyone unless they have texted me first. There are still many hobbyist who use their real life phones, as they are unsuspecting that this would ever happen. I can't imagine anyone doing this and the mayhem that it might cause. So my rule is NEVER text anyone first, unless they have specificly told you that it was okay prior.
I agree with Katee, I don't text first unless specified it's OK to. And even then I send a simple platonic "hey" until I know who I'm talking to. Many of my clients can not get unexpected texts. It would cause alot if trouble. Also I should add, never talk business it rates and such in text or email. Even after deleting those words can still haunt you.

Stay safe!!! 💋
GREAT ADVICE!!

also be careful what numbers you "store" in your cell phone
Never store numbers. I always delete all of my history after an appt. Even on my hobby phone
  • katee
  • 05-01-2016, 06:52 AM
Never store numbers. I always delete all of my history after an appt. Even on my hobby phone Originally Posted by deuceswilld83
+1
Ive gotten unexpected picture texts while at home... not cool. Some understanding of other people's situations is always appreciated. (Which of course goes both ways!)
I agree with Katee, I don't text first unless specified it's OK to. And even then I send a simple platonic "hey" until I know who I'm talking to. Many of my clients can not get unexpected texts. It would cause alot if trouble. Also I should add, never talk business it rates and such in text or email. Even after deleting those words can still haunt you.

Stay safe!!! 💋 Originally Posted by SweetM
I agree with all points and that is why I always give my name, when we met and if it's ok to text or call.
Need to get down your way soon for some relief.
I am reading this and thinking that 3am text 6 hours after client made contact is wise.