Danica Patrick on the Pole

I just like the way that sounds. And the visual rocks, too!
But can she hang onto that position until the big finish?
  • Mokoa
  • 02-17-2013, 11:42 PM
A very impressive accomplishment. Her car has been the fastest in practice and it was a distinct possibility that she would up on the pole. The new Gen 6 cars are faster that the cars that were used last year so expect the race to be even more exciting.

500 miles is a long way. Danica has positioned herself very well. Now we will see if her and her team can manage the strategy of winning a 500 mile race that will spend the majority of its time at 190 MPH.

Looking forward to watching it!

Damn! I thought there was a picture of her on the POLE...
wish she was on my pole
  • hd
  • 02-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Count on everyone behind to drive her home! Wonder if she speaks greek?
Thats great..hope she does well.
and I believe there have been only nine (9) pole winners who have ever actually won that particular race in its history.....

Originally Posted by dennisrn
I was wondering when someone was going to mention the elephant in the room.
  • Mokoa
  • 02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Yes, she is quite beautiful...

• Mokoa
  • 02-18-2013, 09:40 PM
and I believe there have been only nine (9) pole winners who have ever actually won that particular race in its history..... Originally Posted by dennisrn
Actually there are 7. Cale Yarborough did it twice in 1968 and 1984. Bill Elliot did it twice in 1985 and 1987 but yes, it has happened 9 times. Most recently in 200 by Dale Jarrett

Originally Posted by dennisrn
My sentiments exactly!
Remember it is a "Good 'ol Boyz" racin out there... well maybe not from the old days... but I dont see the Boys let her lead more than 5 laps.. unless Tony is pushin her.... if the Gen 6 cars can be pushed...
Makes ya want to be an angry GOD