When is enough, enough

I had to check the rules, but I think I'm in the clear here.

Blacklisting Bud Light because of the shemale on the can. This has cost Anhueser Busch many millions of dollars, maybe into the billions. So how much is enough? Has it been blacklisted enough or is more to come. At what point do people start to forgive and start buying Bud Light again? And no, I don't drink beer.
  • jan-w
  • 09-16-2023, 11:29 AM
Personally, I say the more blacklisting the better. The left has bullied, blackballed and blustered their BS to damage so many entities, I think turnabout is fair play. Has Atlanta ever recovered from losing the All Star game a few years ago when MLB moved the game out of Georgia due to the supposed "Jim Crow" voting laws?

I don't drink so whatever beer is popular or unpopular doesn't matter to me. I expect within a few years though, the whole thing will blow over, Bud's beer sales will rebound and Dylan Mulvaney will be a forgotten piece of flotsam alongside pet rocks and Milli Vanilli.
I respectfully disagree. Pet rocks and milli vanilli will always rock. Girl, you know it's true!

Dilbert, sure, we remember.

Dillon mulbaney? Who dat?
I had to check the rules, but I think I'm in the clear here.

Blacklisting Bud Light because of the shemale on the can. This has cost Anhueser Busch many millions of dollars, maybe into the billions. So how much is enough? Has it been blacklisted enough or is more to come. At what point do people start to forgive and start buying Bud Light again? And no, I don't drink beer. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
I won’t ever drink it again, if I drink a beer it’s coors light

Hey Milli Vanilli I remember them lol
So how much is enough? Has it been blacklisted enough or is more to come. At what point do people start to forgive and start buying Bud Light again? And no, I don't drink beer. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
The fallout has affected Bud Light but not as much as people think/claim.
Anheuser-Busch (AbInBev) is the largest brewer in the world. They have the brand power to force retailers to push their products & help make up losses.
A few months ago restaurants/bars had happy hour specials on multiple beer brands, now it's just mostly Bud Light and Michelob Ultra (both Anheuser-Busch products). People will put price before principle.
Circle K stopped carrying many brands as well, if you stop there & get a beer you'll likely end up with an Anheuser-Busch product. The majority of people will not go out of their way just to get a preferred beer brand, they will settle for what's most convenient.
Bud Light will eventually be back on top.
Dove is the latest to get backlash but doubt it will have much effect on their bottom line.
Coors continues to be a Pride partner I am sure they appreciate the additional sales. Modelo is the new #1 beer in the US and their reps openly talk about being inclusive and LGBTQ support being a 24/7 priority for the company. Outside the US it is InBev who owns Modelo so the parent company didn't lose anything despite Bud Light taking a hit.

The 'backlash' was a big nothing burger. Gay ain't going away folks..
The fallout has affected Bud Light but not as much as people think/claim.
Anheuser-Busch (AbInBev) is the largest brewer in the world. They have the brand power to force retailers to push their products & help make up losses.
A few months ago restaurants/bars had happy hour specials on multiple beer brands, now it's just mostly Bud Light and Michelob Ultra (both Anheuser-Busch products). People will put price before principle.
Circle K stopped carrying many brands as well, if you stop there & get a beer you'll likely end up with an Anheuser-Busch product. The majority of people will not go out of their way just to get a preferred beer brand, they will settle for what's most convenient.
Bud Light will eventually be back on top.
Dove is the latest to get backlash but doubt it will have much effect on their bottom line. Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz

.................and if you're retired and living on the stock market and you have some of your money in Anheuser Busch, would you be OK with them losing millions?
I don't think the people boycotting bud light care if any beer company is a pride partner or sponsors LGBTQ events. They didn't like that Bud Light sponsored a transgender celebrating her first year of womanhood and put it on their can. I am not boycotting them bc I am not their target audience, but if I drank piss water I would agree its a step too far. Rule 1 in business - know your audience. People are sick of the woke crap. The backlash was not a nothing burger - Bud Light has had to lay off employees and its really hurt their sales.
.................and if you're retired and living on the stock market and you have some of your money in Anheuser Busch, would you be OK with them losing millions? Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Stock price has gone down less than $4 since January & is still higher than it was a year ago.
Coors continues to be a Pride partner I am sure they appreciate the additional sales. Modelo is the new #1 beer in the US and their reps openly talk about being inclusive and LGBTQ support being a 24/7 priority for the company. Outside the US it is InBev who owns Modelo so the parent company didn't lose anything despite Bud Light taking a hit.

The 'backlash' was a big nothing burger. Gay ain't going away folks.. Originally Posted by DNinja69
They maybe a “partner” but at least they’re not shoving it in your face. I’ll stick with coors!
I don't think the people boycotting bud light care if any beer company is a pride partner or sponsors LGBTQ events. They didn't like that Bud Light sponsored a transgender celebrating her first year of womanhood and put it on their can. I am not boycotting them bc I am not their target audience, but if I drank piss water I would agree its a step too far. Rule 1 in business - know your audience. People are sick of the woke crap. The backlash was not a nothing burger - Bud Light has had to lay off employees and its really hurt their sales. Originally Posted by mynameismudd
This right here
  • pxmcc
  • 09-18-2023, 08:18 AM
enough is never enough, naturally..
.................and if you're retired and living on the stock market and you have some of your money in Anheuser Busch, would you be OK with them losing millions? Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
On a company that big those millions are pennies per share. Look at the fines and settlements Wells Fargo paid out $12-20B. Pennies per share.