Traffic Report

This is just a heads up if you are a provider or gent that travels for appointments between Dayton and Cincinnati regularly. You may want to build some extra time into planning your commute.

The latest "planning" by the geniuses over at KOI included some heavy construction on I-75. There is a several mile stretch between Middletown and I-675 that will often be down to just two lanes. What is worse, when they put the barriers up there is no breakdown lane nor emergency access for several miles.

Twice in the last week, it took me as long to make this drive as it would to travel to Columbus. The first time I had to call the lady and let her know about the delay.

Just this morning, I was seeing a different lady and it took me ninety minutes to go seven miles. There was an accident with injuries and the emergency vehicles had no way to get there until they shut the highway down and moved traffic out of the way so they could get fire and rescue there. What is sad, is this was just four days after it already happened, so they know it is a problem. At one point I was stationary and I think I saw the same cop that was pissed at the situation last week look up at the crane. I think he thought about taking a few wall segments out himself!

Anyway, it looks like a big project and this condition may last for a while. Keep in mind the region of I-75 and I-70 has the most dense semi-truck traffic in the US, so that makes it even worse. You might want to put a time buffer in your commute time.

BTW: The wonderful State Troopers are running a revenue generating wolf pack right above West Chester to the south and just north of I-675, most likely to catch all the frustrated motorist that step on the pedal to make up for lost time.

Be Safe!

--Anon
Thanks for the heads up. Traffic trouble. My favorite.