Movie Screening: "I Am Jane Doe" - Tomorrow @ 7pm Downtown

While I have not seen this movie, I did attend an event at this church a few months back on human trafficking that was very interesting.

I figured I'd post this here just in case anyone has any interest.

It's Thursday night (11th) from 7pm to 9pm and doors open at 6:30pm.

The address is:
Co-Cathedral Centre
1701 San Jacinto St
Houston, Texas 77002

And while it mentions registering, that is not required. If you are interested, you can simply show up.

Below is the information from the flyer ....

"Join us in January during Human Trafficking Awareness Month to discover the widespread health related consequences of trafficking and the warning signs for medical professionals.

CHI St. Luke's, Amistad Houston and Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston have partnered to provide a FREE screening of the movie "I Am Jane Doe" on Thurs., Jan. 11. at the Co-Cathedral Centre on 1701 San Jacinto St, Houston.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the program begins at 7 p.m. Parking available.

The event is free and open to the public.

Register online at www.SpiritU.CHIStLukesHealth.org.

About "I Am Jane Doe"
”I Am Jane Doe” chronicles the epic battle that several American mothers are waging on behalf of their middle-school daughters, victims of sex trafficking on backpage.com, the classified advertising website that for years was part of the iconic Village Voice. Reminiscent of Erin Brockovich and Karen Silkwood, these mothers have stood up on behalf of thousands of other mothers, fighting back and refusing to take no for an answer. “I Am Jane Doe” is a gut-wrenching human story and fresh look at a social and legal issue that affects every community in America. Learn more at www.IAmJaneDoeFilm.com.

Funding for this event provided by the Catholic Health Initiatives Mission and Ministry Fund."
Not trying to be demeaning here....human trafficking is a terrible thing.
But do you think if the mothers/and or/parents had been a little better mothers/ and or /parents to these kids....would it have helped?
I absolutely agree with you. I'd say a good % of the time, the problems start at home and better parenting or better/harsher intervention when they noticed their child was going astray would do wonders.
I just find it so ironic the Catholic Church is hosting such an event.
^^ Right!
I just find it so ironic the Catholic Church is hosting such an event. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Viewers will need confession on Saturday before they can take communion on Sunday.
I just find it so ironic the Catholic Church is hosting such an event. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Teach what you know.