My Tuesday.....

Well ladies and gents do I have a story to tell you!!!

First of all, it is soooo darn cold out! I almost slipped and fell because I have to carry Bella "potty" again. If she walks to her "bathroom" her paws freeze up and I have found that there is nothing you can buy to make her pads less chapped! PetSmart did say I could put vasoline on her paws....but if any of you know my crazy lil pooch....easier said than done!

Then the fedex guy finally came with my new iPhone... I decieded at last minute to buy it and try it. What the hell.... It can't hurt any right?

WRONG!!! freaking thing is sooo weird to hold and text...I have indentations from where the phone was resting on my pinkie!! Not to mention the keyboard is so small I was pushing the wrong buttons. After an hour of trying to set up appointments....and wanting to throw it out the god damn window, I had to go to Target to get a new keyboard! Why you ask? Well let me just tell you!!

So when I had to activate my crap phone you have to have an iTunes account...no biggie. But when I opened my laptop, I noticed the "J" button was stuck...trying to unstuck it.... the key flew off and broke! WTF! So trying to fix one key, I ended up messing up the H, B, and N key as well as the J key. Hence the new keyboard!!

Off to Target I went to get a new keyboard. Geese!! Got side tracked and bought my newphew a few outfits for when he is born, and left the store! Man is it cold outside. Came home, hooked up the keyboard to my laptop and re activated my Blackberry!

Dearest Blackberry.... I am sorry I ever tried to trade you in. I really have learned my lesson and I will never try to replace you again. The only apple I now like are the kinds you can eat... and the iPhone cannot be consumed!! I love you much and thank you for making setting up appointments and sending reference checks easy!!

Soooo now all you tech savy people out there... how do I get my keyboard fixed on my laptop. I currently feel ghetto using a external keyboard. Plus its a PITA!!!

What have I learned today..... Don't try to replace your phone, Karma is a bitch and may end up ruining your other technology equipment!
Brooke,

Laptop keyboards are not terribly hard to fix, if you are the least bit inclined. The issue can be small screws and weird screw drivers.

I would go to your local Geek Squad (despite my handle I don't work there) or computer store that you trust and ask them to do it. Cost varies, but mine costs about $90 for the part. Google your brand laptop keyboard replacement to find out. I would think an hour should be enough time for them to replace it.

Please make sure you back up any important info first though to a USB key or external hard drive. you never know what may happen.

Good luck.
  • jbonz
  • 02-08-2011, 08:48 PM
What make and model laptop do you have? Some are quite easy to fix. On many models I can change the keyboard in about 10 minutes. Replacements typically cost about $40 to $60.

--jb
There's definitely a change going from a blackberry or any phone with a keyboard to something with a touch screen. You just have to use it more and more and you'll get used to the keyboard in no time. You can do so much more with an iPhone or Android on the web, Blackberry's are ancient.
.... The only apple I now like are the kinds you can eat... and the iPhone cannot be consumed!! Originally Posted by BrookeButtons
Brooke, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI to ease your frustration
  • Laker
  • 02-09-2011, 05:12 AM
BB,

Is great computer store/repair near you, will pm you.
What make and model laptop do you have? Some are quite easy to fix. On many models I can change the keyboard in about 10 minutes. Replacements typically cost about $40 to $60.

--jb Originally Posted by jbonz
When I was in that line of work doing flat rate warranty repairs. Loved the laptop keyboard replace. Even the hard ones did not take the time they gave you to do it. Most, its harder to do the paperwork than the work.
iPhone, never tried one!
  • Laker
  • 02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
OSD, I found out what she was doing for part of Wednesday, her comp.s still broken though! Took a bit of creative investigation! :-)
Aw let the girl have a few secrets pm me
my blackberry is touch screen but that is besides the point!

thank you guys for the help on my Laptop keyboard NOT cell phone keyboard haha. I can't wait to get it fixed....this sh*t is driving me nutsssssssssss.

and LOL loved the video that was posted. Would have loved to throw the iPhone out the window but then I wouldn't get my refund back sooo I kept my cool and put it in the box.
mmm Mail self to a provider. Na I would get lost in the mail on the return after she send back marked DO NOT SEND HERE AGAIN. gee and you do not have to pay to keep unasked for gifts in the mail .