The constant trolling here

The constant trolling by Eddie Lynn Bryan and possibly others is extremely tiresome. It ruins the site. The troll posts up and the thread goes to shit from there.

Something needs to change in how these trolls are handled.

The troll's posts/threads need to be DELETED completely when they are found. Leaving them up only encourages thread derailments and lets the trolls have their thrills knowing the crap they post will stay up on the board, even if their latest handle is banned.

There needs to be a buffer, a probration period when a handle is registered where they are restricted as to where they can post until they reach a certain post count and are then granted full access.

This is seriously getting ridiculous.
But then what would all those who feel the need to post to every single thread with absolutely nothing to add but for the simple reason of getting their name out there, do? lol

But yes, I agree. I think at first realization it is a Troll, ax it completely. And having an option to "not being able to post for a probationary period after registration" is not a bad idea...I think your on to something there Sleepy, I think you are!!

There really needs to be some type of software that can automatically detect if someone is registering with another handle from that particular IP address also. If they had to go through all the trouble of going someplace else to register on a "universal" IP, it may help stop the multiple handles...and "managers".

I dunno, something to think about I s'poze.....
I'd say when we've had 4 copies of user accounts set up in less than 2 days it's time maybe it's time to step up the anti-troll activity.
I'd say when we've had 4 copies of user accounts set up in less than 2 days it's time maybe it's time to step up the anti-troll activity. Originally Posted by sharktrager
Obviously some sort of check should be made against existing user accounts, first for someone registering the same IP if that's possible as Sophie mentioned, and second the newly registered username should be checked to see if it's too similar to existing usernames. That could be part of the process at registration, or during the probationary period before giving posting access.
Or you could just ignore them, it is only a SHMB after all and not the minutes of the United Nations or work on the cure for cancer. But I do like this thread, it's an anti-troll troll sort of.
Or you could just ignore them, it is only a SHMB after all and not the minutes of the United Nations or work on the cure for cancer. But I do like this thread, it's an anti-troll troll sort of. Originally Posted by Wayward
Tell that to the ladies whose business and lives are being affected/ruined by this troll/stalker.

I made this thread because it's clearly an issue on this site. Something needs to change in regards to how it's handled currently.
Or you could just ignore them, it is only a SHMB after all and not the minutes of the United Nations or work on the cure for cancer. But I do like this thread, it's an anti-troll troll sort of. Originally Posted by Wayward
The first time a lady gets a PM thinking it's from someone she knows because they have the same damn name with one very subtle change, only to end up with someone who wouldn't end up passing screening, I bet your tune changes.
The first time a lady gets a PM thinking it's from someone she knows because they have the same damn name with one very subtle change, only to end up with someone who wouldn't end up passing screening, I bet your tune changes. Originally Posted by sharktrager

what the shark said!!
We probably wouldn't call that a troll, more like a phisher. Your point is a valid one. While anyone's safety is very important to me, that kind of thing happens even with email. All you can do is have the staff here keep banning them, but if someone is that intent to cause havoc... they tend to succeed as least part of the time.

Sure it sucks, much more so if you are the harmed party, but there isn't really a fix for it in the long run. Unless you are on a private board, so I do understand your concerns and have dealt with them in my hobby life after a fashion. There are real draw backs to private boards as well, in a prefect world a clever knobbyist might use both.

If someone is being specifically targeted or a group of people you might consider some type of honey trap or other proactive measure. There are people up here that have the mad skillz. I would find out who it was and embarrass the living shit out of them. But that's just me.
1 IP address - 1 registration only should be allowed. This can ban multiple handles and trolls who just want to cause mischief .
The real trolls are smart enough not to post this stupid shit like assfuck or mimic names.

Eccie is nothing more than entertainment and not a substitute for screening. My opinion is too many people have a false sense of security on here and expect far too much from staff.
The real trolls are smart enough not to post this stupid shit like assfuck or mimic names.

Eccie is nothing more than entertainment and not a substitute for screening. My opinion is too many people have a false sense of security on here and expect far too much from staff. Originally Posted by monkmonk
How many new girls join a week who will have no idea this is happening if people don't keep talking about it? Even then several will never see this. The fact people should be more careful doesn't excuse not doing anything to help those who aren't more careful.
How many new girls join a week who will have no idea this is happening if people don't keep talking about it? Even then several will never see this. The fact people should be more careful doesn't excuse not doing anything to help those who aren't more careful. Originally Posted by sharktrager
I agree. A lot of the girls are away with family or friends for the holiday where they may not necessarily see the site and wha tis going on. Now that the holiday is over, more will be exposed to the a$$holes as they appear.

Eccie is nothing more than entertainment and not a substitute for screening. My opinion is too many people have a false sense of security on here and expect far too much from staff. Originally Posted by monkmonk
That needs to be smacked over the heads of some folks more than once, just sayin'
But then what would all those who feel the need to post to every single thread with absolutely nothing to add but for the simple reason of getting their name out there, do? lol

But yes, I agree. I think at first realization it is a Troll, ax it completely. And having an option to "not being able to post for a probationary period after registration" is not a bad idea...I think your on to something there Sleepy, I think you are!!

Originally Posted by Sophie
+2
30 day probationary period.

Nice pic Sophie