Socials...

Is that still a thing we do? I have been gone for a while and haven't heard anything about one, so I was wondering if they are still hosted?

I really do miss the more carefree, fun times of hobbying. Everything is dramatic on the board now, I wouldn't be surprised if socials have been done away with because of it.

If they are still going on, yay! if not, would anybody be interested in reviving them?

I really do miss the more carefree, fun times of hobbying. Everything is dramatic on the board now, ........
Originally Posted by SexiKenni
Very well said.
i think this is too big for socials now. i would be interested
Is that still a thing we do? I have been gone for a while and haven't heard anything about one, so I was wondering if they are still hosted?

I really do miss the more carefree, fun times of hobbying. Everything is dramatic on the board now, I wouldn't be surprised if socials have been done away with because of it.

If they are still going on, yay! if not, would anybody be interested in reviving them? Originally Posted by SexiKenni
That is because regular members want to act like MODS and too much jealousy going on. People aren't happy for one another anymore they just want to try to tear down as many people possible to their level of unhappiness.
They still happen but infrequently in TX.
I had been wondering the same thing. I had been to a social a couple years, so much fun. I wish they'd throw another one. Somebody should propose the idea to Fawn, I'm pretty sure she was in charge of the last one.
They still happen. Perhaps not as large or as often but sponsers have gotten far more discrimating and security aware than in time past. Make a good impression on the right person and you might get an invite. Its their parties and they invite only who they feel safe with.

And don't ask me. I have not been to one in some time.
Yes they happen. You have to be in with the right group, and its easy to know who they are if you pay attention. I don't want to meet them though, and I'm sure they feel the same about me.

Im sure its a great time, but the risks outweigh the reward IMO.

If you have to ask, COED, is probably the wrong place to ask.
I had been wondering the same thing. I had been to a social a couple years, so much fun. I wish they'd throw another one. Somebody should propose the idea to Fawn, I'm pretty sure she was in charge of the last one. Originally Posted by MaddieMonroe
fyi, fawn has left this sub-culture/business.

the last social i went to was about 2 yrs ago, just before the one where photos got snapped surreptiously and then were released to out folks.
talk about jealousy!!!

if someone wants to start up a social, as others said, BE VERY SELECTIVE AND VERY CAREFUL. even if you all meet at a strip club, be discrete!!!!
fyi, fawn has left this sub-culture/business.

the last social i went to was about 2 yrs ago, just before the one where photos got snapped surreptiously and then were released to out folks.
talk about jealousy!!!

if someone wants to start up a social, as others said, BE VERY SELECTIVE AND VERY CAREFUL. even if you all meet at a strip club, be discrete!!!! Originally Posted by pmdelites
Same here I went to one at a studio in north Dallas for it. What photos tho? I never heard about this. I was MIA for about 2 years tho so no surprise
  • NYr
  • 10-17-2013, 06:55 PM
They have happened, they do happen and they will happen.

It is natural for humans with a common interest to get together.

If you have to ask every time one of these threads get started as someone above has, you will never get invited....desperation is not wanted at socials.

Trouble tends to happen as the socials get too big as just about everyone gets invited. The best ones have always been the smaller ones.
They have happened, they do happen and they will happen.

It is natural for humans with a common interest to get together.

If you have to ask every time one of these threads get started as someone above has, you will never get invited....desperation is not wanted at socials.

Trouble tends to happen as the socials get too big as just about everyone gets invited. The best ones have always been the smaller ones. Originally Posted by NYr

I absolutely agree with this. I wouldn't mind setting up a small social (10 or less people) at a bar or private venue. I've met some interesting ladies and gentlemen here, and I would love to have a couple of conversations with the wonderful people that I have met in the hobby. Drinks on me!

However, anyone who would be taking pictures at my social (without permission) would be beaten up and thrown into the parking lot. Discretion is policy.

Everyone here should be out and about to have fun. Yes, drama will happen as it does everywhere (on and off this site) but along the way, you do meet some interesting people to share those times with. Also, you realize that the hobby is a very small world! You never know who you could meet.
The first rule of Fight Club...
skydiver first rule is dont talk about the fight club....
There is no fight club....