Senate passes bill to establish Juneteenth as a national holiday

June 19th now a Federal paid time off holiday. 150 years later.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-pa...221324684.html

if you are black do you appreciate this? Or do we need more recognition? Just curious. have at it.
"I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous," Trump said in reference to the rally date in an interview published Thursday. "It's actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it."

the President also asked an aide during the interview whether she had heard of the holiday "and she pointed out that the White House had issued a statement last year commemorating the day."

Trump didn't seem to know that his White House had been putting out public statements commemorating the day throughout his tenure in office.

"Oh, really? We put out a statement? The Trump White House put out a statement?" Trump said, adding that that was "good."
At least a president that has heard of it will get sign it into law.
At least a president that has heard of it will get sign it into law. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Joey Bribes doesn’t know what he’s signing. But he did say 40yrs ago when he was lucent, “I don’t want my kids growing up in a racial jungle”. And in the 90’s, “AA’s are super predators”. Oh the irony.
But at least Joey Bribes considers you black since you voted for him. The AA’s who didn’t, he doesn’t consider to be of color.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5JiXCkVLQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=We6Qr9-dDn8
We already give Our men 7 paid holidays, I doubt we will add another.

Of course, the government doesn’t have to worry about such mundane things as being able to pay the bills within a budget.
Personally, I think celebrating the end of slavery in the USA is a good thing!

I suspect most Americans would agree!
Personally, I think celebrating the end of slavery in the USA is a good thing!

I suspect most Americans would agree! Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
How should America Celebrate?
What do you think?
Waiting for the outrage mob to flip their shit when white people take the day off.
"I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous," Trump said in reference to the rally date in an interview published Thursday. "It's actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it."

the President also asked an aide during the interview whether she had heard of the holiday "and she pointed out that the White House had issued a statement last year commemorating the day."

Trump didn't seem to know that his White House had been putting out public statements commemorating the day throughout his tenure in office.

"Oh, really? We put out a statement? The Trump White House put out a statement?" Trump said, adding that that was "good." Originally Posted by 1blackman1
We got a deranged answer from the only black guy on the forum, not counting me. So, I hope you're satisfied with some T R U M P rant for your response OP LOL.

I thought Juneteenth was some kind of KKK thing, and I was like WTF? Why would anyone want to celebrate that?

I don't give a shit. It's on a fucking Saturday.

Q
Beer sales.In the Mexican American community skyrocket during Cinco de Mayo.

Would it be racist to think that Malt Liquor sales will do the same on the Juneteenth holiday?

Yeh, it would be, so I won’t say it.
What do you think? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I haven't read the guidelines. I am sure some jerk from the Biden Administration will post something on Social Media.
All this Juneteenth stuff does is create more segregation, hate, and division all on the tax payors. The last thing this country needs is another holiday based around race and unfortunately this how the media will spin it. Of course those that believe it isn't about race but about slavery history won't allow that portion to be taught in schools. Slavery after all is much more about history and every race that experienced it since the beginning of time and much less about race.
juneteenth is a texas holiday thing. it was the last state to be informed that the civil war was over and the slaves were free in the month of June once they heard of the emancipation proclamation.

if we're gonna go by this, the real holiday should be Jan 1 which the emancipation proclamation took effect. its also new years day so, itd prolly be Jan 2 for the holiday.
Actually there are parts of Texas that still haven’t gotten the memo about the Civil War.