Speeding Tickets

How do you suggest getting out of them? I've read everything from requesting continuence after continuence indefinitely to contacting the officer who wrote you the ticket and ask him to dismiss it.

Anyone have any good ideas? I have to get this ticket dismissed. Like HAVE to.
You aren't eligible for deferred adjudication?
Idk. What do you need to be eligible?
A clean record.

Take online defensive driving $25.
Most deferred adjudication requires no previous guilty or no contest pleas in that county or court jurisdiction within their guidelines (typically 1 year). I speak only from experience using it.

Tarrant County is a year. Most West Texas counties, 90 days. I have had over a dozen tickets dismissed in a 10 year period, including 4 in about a month.
Most deferred adjudication requires no previous guilty or no contest pleas in that county or court jurisdiction within their guidelines (typically 1 year). I speak only from experience using it.

Tarrant County is a year. Most West Texas counties, 90 days. I have had over a dozen tickets dismissed in a 10 year period, including 4 in about a month. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Good info bolt man - Dallas county and Collin county has a year of clean record as well- to the OP - if you had no prior tickets in the past year that would be your best option- the other is to go to trial and hope the cop doesn't turn up- I don't know if contacting the officer right now and asking him to dismiss it will do you any good because the ticket is already in the database and only the judge can dismiss the ticket assuming it's goes to court.
If the officer doesn't show up on court date you will have a chance but the perfect time to ask the officer to dismiss the ticket was when he was issuing you the ticket?
How do you suggest getting out of them? I've read everything from requesting continuence after continuence indefinitely to contacting the officer who wrote you the ticket and ask him to dismiss it.

Anyone have any good ideas? I have to get this ticket dismissed. Like HAVE to. Originally Posted by THN
Also, not trying to start anything with you, but if you were guilty and indeed were speeding - why not accept responsibility and pay the fine like ever other citizen who breaks the law. If you have a legit reason on why you were speeding I can understand, but if not it really tarnished our judicial system when people blatantly break the law and look for loopholes to escape from paying the fine that's America for ya!
Also, not trying to start anything with you, but if you were guilty and indeed were speeding - why not accept responsibility and pay the fine like ever other citizen who breaks the law. If you have a legit reason on why you were speeding I can understand, but if not it really tarnished our judicial system when people blatantly break the law and look for loopholes to escape from paying the fine that's America for ya! Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
It's not a loophole if deferred is used. The jurisdictions prefer this. They get paid, it doesn't take time in court, officer isn't paid to show up, etc.
It's complicated. I do make an effort not to speed because I don't like getting tickets. In this case I was rushing somewhere important, the traffic around me was also speeding. I got pulled over and accepted my ticket quickly so I wouldn't be late to where I was going.
It's complicated. I do make an effort not to speed because I don't like getting tickets. In this case I was rushing somewhere important, the traffic around me was also speeding. I got pulled over and accepted my ticket quickly so I wouldn't be late to where I was going. Originally Posted by THN
Ok we all been in that situation - wish you would have told the officer the circumstances on why you were speeding and he issued you a warning.
It's not a loophole if deferred is used. The jurisdictions prefer this. They get paid, it doesn't take time in court, officer isn't paid to show up, etc. Originally Posted by Boltfan
You are correct - saves everyone a lot of time.
I did tell him. He said he'd get me my ticket quickly. Lol.
Ok we all been in that situation - wish you would have told the officer the circumstances on why you were speeding and he issued you a warning. Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
Warnings < Revenue. Haven't received a warning in years.
Show your B( o )( o )B's !!!!

Works for me!
True Story!
The officer who pulled me over for speeding 92mph in my dealer car actually wanted my Plastic Surgeon's info so he could buy a pair for his wife

...and then I drove away with no ticket
Warnings < Revenue. Haven't received a warning in years. Originally Posted by Boltfan
True but let's be honest a hot chick like THN would have a better chance of talking her away out of a ticket from a male officer than an old fart like me - unless of course the officer was into people with the same body anatomy.