50 shades

of Grey was on HBO over the weekend.

Was not impressed.

You could see her slowly turning the tables on the guy before the big finale.

I'd probably give it 1 star.
Saw it a while ago. They didn't do a good job
Saw it a while ago. They didn't do a good job Originally Posted by lovelyevelyn
Did you read the book?
Maybe you could start your post by saying,
"Spoiler Alert!" Duh!

You could see her slowly turning the tables on the guy before the big finale. Originally Posted by hittinit
I thought it was dumb. Crappy job at portraying bdsm folks.
Lol damn that book was all kinds of crazy!! I totally got those balls because of it!! Had to do like 30 jumping jacks to get them out, plus side found out what that plastic piece was for! Hehe hadn't seen the movie since we all know how that goes, definitely a good read tho!
Did you read the book? Originally Posted by hittinit

10 pages into it and had to eternally put it down, hide it so I would not be reminded of the shame of reading something so stupid. Puke.
Lol awwww Camille!!! It was for the mainstream civilians, you know if we wrote books on the other hand.....Lmfao! Laural K. Hamilton is one of my favs!! All kinds of shit going on. Lmk if ya wanna read😈
I can tell you that the BDSM community despises the books and movies. It's such a poor representation of BDSM. He lightly whacks her with the flogger and she acts like it hurt. I damn near pissed myself laughing in the theater and had to leave because I couldn't stop laughing. I tried to read the books and was horrified by all the whining and fake wanna be dom crap. I did find the books useful for one thing....bonfires.
The movie and books, definitely not for those already aware and have partaken in bdsm culture. The acting in the movie was not great either. Have only read a few pages of the book having seen it on the shelf before the movie release and was curious.

I personally have never thought of partaking in it until I saw the book one day and read a few pages and started looking into the bdsm scene more. Watched the movie with a date for fun.

Due to the series however, it's opened the door for myself to look into aspects of bdsm (perhaps some lighter aspects before maybe doing too much) I never would of thought to look at or experience for myself. Did I enjoy the movie or book? No, not particularly. Had its moments. I do however appreciate the awareness it's brought to the scene and open my level of fantasy to more than previously thought of. Always thought it just had to do with pain or torture as opposed to other parts of bdsm I now do enjoy.
I liked the books myself... They aren't Anne Rice's spin on Cinderella erotica good, but they're decent. I read all three within a week. The movie just seemed rushed.
was so dumb I had to stop watching ..
..You could see her slowly turning the tables on the guy before the big finale.. Originally Posted by hittinit
Thank you for sharing your rating.
So the servant becomes the master?
Now I'm interested

...start your post by saying, "Spoiler Alert!" Originally Posted by long_rod
Oh, yeah, good point.
I thought it was dumb. Crappy job at portraying bdsm folks. Originally Posted by FootLong
Maybe it doesn't portray bdsm folks very well, but it is an introduction for those who would be highly freaked out by the lifestyle if it was portrayed FULL ON BALLS OUT.
Gotta crawl before you walk babe...
Lol damn that book was all kinds of crazy!! I totally got those balls because of it!! Had to do like 30 jumping jacks to get them out, plus side found out what that plastic piece was for! Hehe hadn't seen the movie since we all know how that goes, definitely a good read tho! Originally Posted by *.EnticingOrchids.*
Rotflmao!!
You made me crack up and right now I love you hahahaha
10 pages into it and had to eternally put it down, hide it so I would not be reminded of the shame of reading something so stupid. Puke. Originally Posted by Camille Fox
Intriguing... I'm dying to know what your favorite books are ^.^
I drool for babes with brains and opinions
I can tell you that the BDSM community despises the books and movies. It's such a poor representation of BDSM. He lightly whacks her with the flogger and she acts like it hurt. I damn near pissed myself laughing in the theater and had to leave because I couldn't stop laughing. I tried to read the books and was horrified by all the whining and fake wanna be dom crap. I did find the books useful for one thing....bonfires. Originally Posted by Ms. Milani
I don't see why it has to be the same as what "the real BDSM" people are doing.
They're different, and that's ok, for people who NEVER change up their routines in bed this could be off the charts and mind blowing for them.
First, I see it as a good thing, to introduce all of these people who might be suffering from super vanilla sex lives and give them some hint of how wonderful it might be to try new things.
Another thing... some people are not receptive to OVER STIMULATION.
I have intentionally avoided desensitizing myself or over stimulating and I have to say I'm pretty sure I have [AMAZING] orgasms easier than some hardcore sexual people.
I don't even need to get drunk or anything, I am overwhelmed with sensations without needing excessive excitement.
I'm a simple gal, l suppose.

The movie and books, definitely not for those already aware and have partaken in bdsm culture. The acting in the movie was not great either...

I personally have never thought of partaking in it until I saw the book one day and read a few pages and started looking into the bdsm scene more...

Due to the series however, it's opened the door for myself to look into aspects of bdsm (perhaps some lighter aspects before maybe doing too much) I never would of thought to look at or experience for myself. Did I enjoy the movie or book? No, not particularly. Had its moments. I do however appreciate the awareness it's brought to the scene and open my level of fantasy to more than previously thought of. Always thought it just had to do with pain or torture as opposed to other parts of bdsm I now do enjoy. Originally Posted by Dr. Grey
This is beautiful.
This makes a cheesy movie with bad acting ... all worth it.

I liked the books myself... They aren't Anne Rice's spin on Cinderella erotica good, but they're decent. I read all three within a week. The movie just seemed rushed. Originally Posted by lovelyevelyn
Thanks... yeah that Anne Rice, God bless her.

And LustyBustyGina38FF ... I'm not sure which moment I became intolerant of sitting in the theatre to continue watching 50 Shades.
It was definitely the sticking the pencil eraser in her lips, one time too many times, too soon.
Probably 15 minutes worth and I was up and out .. it was definitely during the initial interview... and went to watch the Wedding Ringer.