Austin, advice please!

Guys and ladies,
I have two things going on. I need to both give and get info. I have No pre bookings yet for Austin, not even a nibble where as my other cities I've been quite popular in. If I don't see some visits coming in I'm going to be forced to just go on to Abilene. I don't want to do that as I love Austin!
Secondly, I'm going to be in town Tommorow, hopefully and just realized I have no idea where to stay. I have personal friends in town that said something about "by the lake is nice". I didn't even know Austin Had a lake!! Any great food/drink places??
Kat
Kat,

Perversely, Austin has dubbed its stretch of the Colorado 'Town Lake'. Go figure.

By the lake is nice, you've got plenty of hotels there from the Four Seasons to a Holiday Inn. Downtown has a Sheraton, Hilton and a very nice Intercontinental... guess it's all down to your budget.

There's food to match all tastes and budgets. Olivia (which is south of the lake) is really good, but pricy. Cru does a good brunc with bottomless mimosas. East Austin has Blue Dahlia, Buenos Aries and The Good Knight... all good places... varying price marks.

Enjoy your time here!