Providers calling hobbyists

Hey Everyone

I was just wondering how you guys/girls felt about this. Although I've only been a provider for a little over a month, I was under the impression that calling or texting a Hobbyists after a session was a "no-no". Well that is unless it was just a quick something to say "I had a wonderful time" or you both have developed an understanding on this (which I do have with one of my students).

Recently, however, I have heard that it's ok to send the occasional text or phone call, because it is a business and should be treated like one. I do tend to send a follow up email a day later, but I seriously try to avoid "nagging" any of my students.

Now, on the other hand I have also heard of providers calling and asking for handouts, when they havn't managed their money well. I don't care what anyone says, that will always be a no-no in my book.

I'd like to know how you fellas handle that situation as well.
Do to the nature of the hobby; I would highly discourage this type of communication unless the hobbyist had specially said it was OK. If you felt you wanted to do something of that nature, I would recommend you send a PM to the individual. It is way less likely to present a problem for either of you. Is it a nice gesture, absolutely, but don't do something that can turn around on you and bite you in the ass.
Only if you have cleared it with the client ahead of time. Many men do not want ladies calling/soliciting, especially the married ones. Otherwise, the rule is he will contact you when he wants to do business.
I think it's good to maybe send them a pm through one of our forums whether it be here or on others. There are a few ladies who have my email address and know it is ok to IM me or send me an email. I enjoy talking with the ladies and as long as both parties are respectful of the others wishes. I don't see a problem with it.

I would make sure it's ok to contact them by maybe asking them at the end of your session. Then follow whatever the request may be.

PoppyToyota
  • YSD
  • 06-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I vascilate on this one. First and foremost permission must be granted. I personally like it BUT I am single/widower so no SO to interfere or get offended. So my judgment is it's okay for me.

Here is where I get squishy. I had a provider friend several years back. Often times she would call her guys to rustle up some business. I know it gets old from me but I understand the business side for the girls. This is their livliehood. So often times she would make some outgoing calls to catch up with her guys and to see if they might be interested in her services.

However, it takes a special type person to pull this off, lIke the exceptional sales person rather than the really good one. Style and ease at doing this casually are important.
emails or PM's are much preferred. I try not to take my phone in the house but sometimes I screw up. Fortunately I don't have any Ladies programmed in my phone and always say it must be a wrong number.
Unless My clients say that it's ok I do not txt. Another thing I have heard to is provider sending Pics though the phone.

I don't think that's a good idea. You never know what he's doing at the moment and if he will pick up his phone.

I think it's ok to ask for help Only If he has SAID so. It's usually those you develop and True friendship with That That does Happen.
Pretty much you all have the same opinion and that's what I thought.
I considered this to be sacred like the unspoken code of seeing a hobbyists while out and about. No contact, no hello, just pretend as if you've never seen them a day in your life, lol!

Emails are def preferred. I won't call or text unless he has initiated the contact. Even then, we've got to have an agreement as to what's appropriate, believing that we've got to be on the same page 100% through and through. Pics, are a def no-no, lol. I don't even like receiving them on my phone.
Never, Never, Never

EXCEPTION - If you have an appt and it is TOO LATE to PM or email, then it would be acceptable to call assuming the client is on his way to see you. For instance, a cancellation on your part. AFTER attempting to PM/Email and no response THEN call him...but only then. If you have booked a session a day in advance, then you tell HIM to call the morning of, or an hour before, or some type of pre-arranged time. If you have NOT heard back from him at that time, then call him. It his HIS fault he has not called you as agreed. OTHERWISE never, never, never call a client.

I will even as a precaution state that even if a client has given you permission, not to do it. Unless you are extremely good at keeping up with which customer has and has not given you permission, you will get confused. Its a bad habit. Lets face it, MANY providers keep you in their phone directory so that WHEN you call, they know who it is....ie. screen their calls. First, THAT is a big no-no and Two, how do you know which are OK to call.

Just do not do it unless it is a last resort and you have exhausted ALL other options.

IT IS AN ILLEGAL ACTIVITY and I do NOT want you to ever call ME. I will initiate the call from a phone and a time of my choosing.
I don't have a SO or anyone else snooping around in my phone so I would feel honored if a girl I saw thought enough of me to text me a "what's up, how you doing?" every once in a while. In fact I encourage it.

If we had a good time and plan to do it again a text message might be just what I need to get me motivated in her direction.

If I'm vacillating between two or three providers prhaps that one simple text message might nudge me in her direction, and even if i'm not going that way anytime soon it does give me a little ego boost to know she's thinking about me.
I NEVER Call my clients unless they have called and left me a message Asking me to call them!

But, In all my years in this business....I have never called any one to Drum Up business.
You are correct Jericho99, it does take a special person to be able to pull that off!

For me.....it's just not worth the risk trying to figure out which type I am. Special, or Not so Special. Aaaaaah No Thanks.

But, I have been very blessed in this business. My phone will always ring.
So, I've never Had to even Think about calling any of my guys. (Knock on Wood) (Or, Penis...a Really Hard Penis...)

~Kelly TNT
You are definitely a special lady Kelly TNT!
I have many clients that love to text, some send me jokes etc. The rule of thumb is always NEVER call or text unless they say it is ok. I give permission to those I have seen to call me any time if they keep my number, many don't. If it EVER changes (ie they get a GF or something) the moment they say no more RESPECT that!

Alot will drop me a email or a pm, or come chat with me on yahoo. Even some that I have never seen bcd.

I have sent out a email/pm when I am traveling back to a area only as a heads up for them in case they haven't logged in and seen my ad. It's their choice and their money so I won't request they come see me... ok well the special ones i will tell them I hope they come see me!
Yeah, I mean...it works for some.

It's just not something that works for me.

I like to send my clients a "Thank You" email or PM after our appointment.....
But, calling....

Eeeeek. Can't do it.

Just Sayin......

~Kelly TNT
I'm fine with any of the lovely ladies here calling/texting me. I know most guys feel differently though.

I have learned to NEVER give your number to a stripper though...