Curiosity

Ok ladies and gentlemen I have a question please. I in no way want to offend anyone or speak ill of anyone or anything, I am simply curious. I know most ladies get photos done by either a friend or a professional photographer and these ladies use these photos in their ads. I don't do BP but I do troll backpage mostly out of curiosity and to see if a verified lady has come to town I didn't know about on a spur of the moment stop over. I see, nonverified, ladies ads all the time on backpage and I know they were taken in their notel room, the photos make that obvious. There's no way they can take these pictures unless they have a hidden 10 foot arm. Who takes the pictures for them? Could be a female traveling companion, but are there that many ladies who travel with a female companion? Again I don't wish to offend anyone in any way. Your input/thoughts would be appreciated.
husband, boyfriend, pimp, hotel manager, first client off the street after check-in...why does it matter, they are all poor quality, fuzzy, low resolution, and oddly composed...rarely current, and often attempting to hide identifying makes, scars, tats...
My particular favorite was the pic with the IV bag in the background . . . Don't know who takes them, but no one ever accused them of having professional standards about photos either. Just sayin'
husband, boyfriend, pimp, hotel manager, first client off the street after check-in...why does it matter, they are all poor quality, fuzzy, low resolution, and oddly composed...rarely current, and often attempting to hide identifying makes, scars, tats... Originally Posted by giteneny
As I said in my original post I'm not trying to offend anyone with my question/curiosity. If you get down to it, it doesn't matter a damn bit it's just a question. If the question offends you then skip over it and dont reply.
My particular favorite was the pic with the IV bag in the background . . . Don't know who takes them, but no one ever accused them of having professional standards about photos either. Just sayin' Originally Posted by MrHappy4u
That is an interesting pic Mr. Happy LOL. It have always found it intersting when they post "100% indepentent" then post pics in the notel room that they couldn't possibly have taken themselves, LOL.
  • bndm
  • 07-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Hi Horserider,

I can't imagine that anybody would be offended by your question.
Asking stuff like that is a cool part of this forum.

Out of curiosity, though, why do you seem to assume that the pics need to be taken by a woman (or that if they aren't taken by a woman, that it implies something)? Even indy providers could have friends and/or clients that would be willing to help them out - in a hotel room or not.

B
I've always found BP pictures entertaining, regardless of who is doing the picture taking. There was one BP ad photo not too terribly long ago that had the girl posing in the bathroom, in front of a toilet---with the toilet lid in the upright position.

So, either she had a not-so-nice surprise waiting for her unsuspecting clients, or there was obviously a pimp-daddy hanging around. Lol, that has to be one of my favorites to date!

I have a close friend in the hobby (you know who you are ) that routinely shares his funny BP finds with me, and I do the same for him as well. BP can be an excellent source of humor... most definitely. Sometimes, it's as good or better than "The People of Walmart."
Oh my....a new therad perhaps? "Fail From Backpage"
Oh my....a new therad perhaps? "Fail From Backpage" Originally Posted by kipritech
I'll start it!
Outstanding!
Outstanding! Originally Posted by kipritech
I put it in the "sandbox forum" I figured it belonged there
Hi Horserider,

I can't imagine that anybody would be offended by your question.
Asking stuff like that is a cool part of this forum.

Out of curiosity, though, why do you seem to assume that the pics need to be taken by a woman (or that if they aren't taken by a woman, that it implies something)? Even indy providers could have friends and/or clients that would be willing to help them out - in a hotel room or not.

B Originally Posted by bndm
Hi bndm, In all honesty sir I don't mean to imply I assume anything. ASSUME - makes and ASS out of U and ME. I have no doubt "indy" providers, who are strictly BP providers, can have friends who are willing to take these photos for them. If you read the original post again sir, part of the question is, are there that many ladies who travel with female companions? LOL I have no doubt the indy providers want some sort of "help" in a hotel room or in some room. I don't think the photos alone carry much weight. But if you read other threads on here about ThE ScRew Way THeY TyPe In THe AdS along with the tats you sometimes see on the ladies then perhaps, just perhaps the photos MIGHT contribute to telling a potential client something about the lady and the photographer, IMHO. This what I am asking. I will admit that maybe I posted the question poorly. Maybe I am off base thinking this way about the photos, IDK. All I am wanting to do is tap into the knowledge of the more experienced people on here and hopefully gain some knowledge/insight myself.
I don't think the photos alone carry much weight. But if you read other threads on here about ThE ScRew Way THeY TyPe In THe AdS along with the tats you sometimes see on the ladies then perhaps, just perhaps the photos MIGHT contribute to telling a potential client something about the lady and the photographer, IMHO. This what I am asking. I will admit that maybe I posted the question poorly. Maybe I am off base thinking this way about the photos, IDK. All I am wanting to do is tap into the knowledge of the more experienced people on here and hopefully gain some knowledge/insight myself. Originally Posted by horserider
I don't think you're too far off base, HR. The pics SNL found are a prime example of just how much can be discovered about a provider by closely examining her pictures. One thing I always notice is the background in a girls picture. If two providers are posing on the same sofa or bedspread, it is safe to assume they work together or they are members of a "team".

I've also noticed a few girls posting pictures where they are seen in the same shoes or lingerie as another provider. Coincidence? Maybe. It is possible that both girls bought the same shoes and both decided to pose and take pictures while wearing them. It is still something to be taken into consideration. A picture is worth a thousand words.

But, it is hard to say WHO is taking the pictures or if it is even relevant. I've asked other providers to take a few pictures of me. I also have clients who are always willing to help if I ask. Speaking of, I really need to update my showcase...
Ms. Brittany... I will help you with your showcase when you come and help with mine!
Speaking of pictures, etc.

If taken with a phone (or GPS capability)

One can pull the GPS information off the picture and see where the picture is taken.

So, someone posting an ad in NWA that is from South America... caution should be taken.

However, fewer people have GPS flaws, but BP is a prime place for errors...

Good luck!