Sterotypes Exist- Angels, Witches, Bitches, Faggots, Superman, Criminals…..

STEREOTYPE definition:

noun 1 a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing .• a person or thing that conforms to such an image : don’t treat anyone as a stereotype.2 a relief printing plate cast in a mold made from composed type or an original plate.

"Faggots, historically, in some ways do fall into the the context of intimate relationship conflicts and threats, largely as totally unacceptable human beings not supposed to exist that real men were/are set on destroying and the character was only for men who weren’t following the script for being a Man and all the other stereotypes."

I was thinking about Stereotypical Behavior and came across this....
Guess loud and flamboyantly flaming do have a root in reality?
  • Loxly
  • 12-08-2013, 07:31 AM
STEREOTYPIST -

1. Someone who lazily applies labels to people, places or things rather than examining the details of the situation.

2. My Sister, 'cause she can type with both hands!
  • Annef
  • 12-08-2013, 12:01 PM
STEREOTYPE definition:

noun 1 a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing .• a person or thing that conforms to such an image : don’t treat anyone as a stereotype.2 a relief printing plate cast in a mold made from composed type or an original plate.

"Faggots, historically, in some ways do fall into the the context of intimate relationship conflicts and threats, largely as totally unacceptable human beings not supposed to exist that real men were/are set on destroying and the character was only for men who weren’t following the script for being a Man and all the other stereotypes."

I was thinking about Stereotypical Behavior and came across this.... Originally Posted by Whispers
That is quite a feminist blog you were reading. I'm impressed! What was the point of this though? did you have a moment of clarity? I think theories of social constructivism and media literacy need to be taught in secondary for sure. The blog was a little simply constructed. If you are interested in pursuing how power dynamics get solidified into codes, both linguistic and institutional, Foucault is pretty awesome!
That is quite a feminist blog you were reading. I'm impressed! What was the point of this though? did you have a moment of clarity? I think theories of social constructivism and media literacy need to be taught in secondary for sure. The blog was a little simply constructed. If you are interested in pursuing how power dynamics get solidified into codes, both linguistic and institutional, Foucault is pretty awesome! Originally Posted by Annef
Philosophers serve little purpose other than to give us material for debate.
STEREOTYPIST -

1. Someone who lazily applies labels to people, places or things rather than examining the details of the situation.

2. My Sister, 'cause she can type with both hands! Originally Posted by Loxly
Originally Posted by Beagle
beegle is a little bitch; not to stereotype though