I Love Memphis!

Hi Guys! I am having a great time in Memphis! This is my first trip so any tips or advise you have hobby related or suggestions as to what to do for fun I am all ears! Thanx! XOXO-JODI
Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. Hope that means a return trip sometime.

Cheers,

bcg
Im coming to Memphis today from little rock I could use some advice on some good areas guys like???
you want to stay out East in the St.Francis Hosipital area, or Poplar at Ridgeway. Great area.
UM, did my post just get hi-jacked by someone else? How rude! LOL! I'm having a blast in Memphis! I love Downtown! I ate @ CENTRAL BBQ yesterday! YUMMY! Where should I go out drinking & dancing tonight? XOXO-JODI
I ate @ CENTRAL BBQ yesterday! YUMMY! Originally Posted by JustJodi
Central is very good. If time permits and you can get around, you should try The Bar-B-Q Shop on Madison; I'd argue that they're the best here with Central just half a hair behind them, in my estimation. (Then again, ask 10 different Memphians where the best 'cue is and you'll probably get 10 different answers. )

Sorry to say that on recommendations where to go dancing someone else will have to step in; I don't dance...

Cheers,

bcg
Thanx babe! Imma try all the BBQ joints I can whilst I'm here! Just got the news one of my 5 Star Gay Friends is coming into town to visit me from Mississippi so I think I am covered w/the drinking & dancing! LOL! Have a great weekend! SMOOCHES!
BCG...is Elvis' bar and dance still around there on Beale St. ?

I hosted a meet 'n greet in Memphis back in 2001 and we all ended up down there. The sight of Megan Love, Candy Kemp, and a couple of other ladies dancing seductively together still burns in my brain.

And, sorry Ms. Jodi for sorta high jacking your post as well, but it is relevant if the joint is still there, LOL
Memphis rocks..I gotta get that way soon too!

try Germantown Commisary for bbq nachos!

have fun!
THANX GUYS! XOXO!
BCG...is Elvis' bar and dance still around there on Beale St. ? Originally Posted by Abe Normal
Sadly, no. Don't make me swear as to exact dates, but Elvis Presley Enterprises (the business end of the Presley estate) shut that down in 2004 or so). Cause to mourn if only because (or so rumor had it) it was at that establishment, and only at that establishment, that one could purchase fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches (Elvis's Favorite SnackŪ) prepared according to The Presley Family Recipe (often imitated, never duplicated).

If you hosted an M&G there in '01, that would be when Megan Love was still a Memphian. And sometime within months of the one and only time I spent some time BCD with her. Sadly, while I'd like to do so again before I turn semi-retirement into full-blown retirement (from the hobby; sadly I'll be working til I die--probably at work), she's upped her price considerably since then. (I'm not complaining, mind you; she's one of the few ladies whose reviews suggest that at her current rates she's still underpriced; she could probably make $500-$1K/hour if she moved to NY, LA, or SF. Easily. And probably be underpriced relative to those markets. I'm surprised some Dubai or UAE oil sheikh hasn't made her his exclusive playmate and made her rich beyond the dreams of avarice.)

Cheers,

bcg (apologies for the threadjack iff necessary)
Memphis rocks..I gotta get that way soon too!

try Germantown Commisary for bbq nachos! Originally Posted by DallasRain
My Great And Good Friend says that I have no right to state where the best 'cue in Memphis is until I do the Commissary. Which, sadly, I have yet to do. I'ze sho' 'nuff workin' on it, though.

I also have yet to do another of your favorites: Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken.

I gravely doubt I'll be able to do any BCD time with you next visit, but you might--just might, no promises--be able to entice me to one of those establishments, if you don't mind a little public time with a friend. We'll see when you set a date.

Cheers,

bcg
oh hell yeahhhhhh on gus's....best dam fried chicken anywhere! Jodi gus's is a block down from the wolfchase mall

bcg---one day babe and you will luv it
oh hell yeahhhhhh on gus's....best dam fried chicken anywhere! Jodi gus's is a block down from the wolfchase mall Originally Posted by DallasRain
The flagship Gus's location on South Front Street is closest to where I live, so I'm likely to get there first. Sadly, I doubt I will be able to make Jodi's acquaintance this trip, or I might get to the Wolfchase location first.

And one day, the Commissary!

Cheers,

bcg
DAMN I AM HAWNGREE NOW! DALLAS LOOOOOOOOOOVE THE NEW PROFILE PIC! GORGEOUS! XOXO!