What Is The Highest Charge Derek Chauvin Should Have Been Convicted Of?

And why? Poll is anonymous. Pick the Highest Charge he should be convicted of. Not multiple choices.
Gonna be overturned anyways , for not moving the trail out of Min
  • Tiny
  • 04-22-2021, 12:10 PM
Involuntary manslaughter would have made the most sense IMO. What he did seems consistent with the definition of "second degree unintentional murder" though. And he was convicted of that.
Involuntary Manslaughter

Involuntary manslaughter is defined as an unintentional killing that results either from criminal negligence or the commission of a low-level criminal act such as a misdemeanor. Involuntary manslaughter is distinguished from other forms of homicide because it does not require deliberation or premeditation, or intent

i don't think Chauvin intended for Floyd to die. he did kneel on Floyd's back far too long. that is where negligence comes in. i also think the crowd was a factor. the more they urged Chauvin to stop, he took that as a threat to his authority. at least that's my take, without any statement or testimony from Chauvin.
CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY AND THE PASSAGE OF TIME

https://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-co...e-of-time.html

Consider the phenomenon of the timeless prosecution of crimes against humanity. These cases connect regimes, running a political thread in space -- and through time -- perpetuating a sense of ongoing responsibility for past wrongs that is ultimately constructive of the state's enduring political identity. For crimes against humanity are apparently unconstrained by generally applicable jurisdictional principles, such as time limits. There are gaps of close to half a century between both the Nazi and Communist reigns of terror and their successor prosecutions, colliding with our ordinary intuitions about criminal justice's operation.

When it is the state that is complicit in persecution, fundamental notions of criminal justice are turned on their head; state complicity, cover-up and other obstructions affect the very possibility of justice. The crime against humanity exposes the impact of the state's role in past wrongs as a significant element of the circumstances of justice compromised in transitional times.

lol well that didn't take long. looks like someone thinks Chauvin decided he was going to kill Big George from the outset. also looks like someone doesn't want to state why they think it was Murder 1.
Involuntary Manslaughter

Involuntary manslaughter is defined as an unintentional killing that results either from criminal negligence or the commission of a low-level criminal act such as a misdemeanor. Involuntary manslaughter is distinguished from other forms of homicide because it does not require deliberation or premeditation, or intent

i don't think Chauvin intended for Floyd to die. he did kneel on Floyd's back far too long. that is where negligence comes in. i also think the crowd was a factor. the more they urged Chauvin to stop, he took that as a threat to his authority. at least that's my take, without any statement or testimony from Chauvin. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I am sure it was unintentional. But I have to wonder was the actions of Chauvin in and of itself the cause of Floyd's death without any intervening factors such as Floyd's overall health and what he may have had in his system that may have perpetuated his death. I think an appeal would bring out more of a Civil wrong rather than a criminal one.
I just keep thinking how can someone be convicted when

a. you never intended to hurt him

and

b. there was nothing you did that would have killed 99% of people

but then I know Chauvin never had a chance because of the heart wrenching video and the racial/political nature of it all
lol well that didn't take long. looks like someone thinks Chauvin decided he was going to kill Big George from the outset. also looks like someone doesn't want to state why they think it was Murder 1. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
He intended to get away with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kidnAQ8aS5Q

https://youtu.be/zwPMVpsR9YM

Either that, or he's just a fuckin' idiot. Take your pick. He still meant to do it.
"I just keep thinking how can someone be convicted when

a. you never intended to hurt him

and

b. there was nothing you did that would have killed 99% of people"

Perhaps drunk driving fits your criteria.
He intended to get away with it.

Either that, or he's just a fuckin' idiot. Take your pick. He still meant to do it. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

if you say so
Big George is a statistical anomaly .. and the lie of the left is just that, a lie.

Is it worse to let a guilty man walk--OJ

Or is it worse to torture an innocent man?

George Floyd's cardiac arrest started before they tried putting him in the back seat. The defunding of police has been accomplished by the left. I didn't think civil war would happen in my lifetime but it just may.
Big George is a statistical anomaly .. and the lie of the left is just that, a lie.

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

If you say so. Or better said, if that bullshit says so.
Not Guilty! He should have walked! With a freaking parade next day!