Any watch aficionados here?

Looking to upgrade to Omega Aqua Terre. First words out of the dealer's mouth was "You CAN'T find authentic Omegas on the internet". Soooooo that means I had to look. Googling the model number brought up several on-line dealers selling the same model (with papers) for ~$7,000 less.

So has anyone ever done a luxury watch on-line deal and how was your experience?
you might get more reliable input on a watch discussion forum as opposed to a pay4play hobby forum ......
Didn't even know those exist but I'll look. I have no history on those though.
here are a couple to get you started. there are others.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/36253/th...ciation-thread

http://www.luxury4play.com/watches/

i hoep that you find the information you need. good luck.
First thing that comes to mind is the warranty. Most high end watch makers do not honor the warranty in the US for watches sold for non-US markets. Even if its the same model. Make sure its US legal. The manufactors really protect their authorised dealers in the US.

Went on a cruise. As soon as we were outside US waters, They started selling very nice watches at very nice prices but all had not-for-sell-in-the-USA stickers on them.
Knew I'd get some advice on a forum with guys who have a bit of discretionary income.

Lot of coin for a watch...but my father always preached that a man should own a good watch at least once in his life. His Omega went to a older brother who promptly lost it.
Agree with OBSG, you are better off buying from an authorized dealer. Sometimes things DO go wrong with luxury watches, and if you have a warranty in effect that dealer will handle getting it to the manufacturer, who in turn will do whatever it takes to fix the timepiece. Saving $7,000 sounds great until something goes wrong with the watch and you have no warranty to be honored.

Shop around and sometimes you can be surprised. I bought my last timepiece at Bachendorf's and paid about 20% less than I had anticipated based on research.

Great choice btw on the Omega. I own 2 Rolex and a TAG and an Omega is on my own wish list.

And your brother should be shot for losing a piece like that. WTF.
I have 3 TAGs and 2 Panerai.. Omegas are very cool- my advice is to go to Bachendorfs-as and you will usually get a discount with cash
I went to Jared and they didn't have the one I'm jonesing for. Didn't have much of a selection either.
Omega's boutique is niiiice...I so wanted to ask if the hot sales rep came with it. .)
I was in Bachendorf's 2 weeks ago, wide selection of Omega.

+1 on cash discount
I bought an Omega Seamaster several years ago, from a Sam's Club in Plano. Everything was fine, until I took it in for warranty service. Only to find out that I had no warranty, as it was not purchased from an authorized dealer.

Crzy
I remember seeing high-end watches at the Sam's Club. I also remember seeing them put some sort of disclaimer in the display case about them which made me pass.

All the dealers seem to be limited to the SS models. Only the boutique and few legit (i.e no big discount) on-line shops have the rose gold model I'm after.
I just bought a Breitling Chronomat Evolution, in rose gold and stainless steel. You might check those out also.
Breitlings are nice...but I've got a hard-on for this particular Omega.
I have a few Audemars Piguets and a Cartier tank. But not really a collector like some.