TransCanada Using eminent domain to seize land

Yes that Canadian company is using eminent domain to seize land of US citizen. If the Obama admin was behind the pipeline certain members here would be ranting and raving but since this is a Republican project not a peep.

According to the report TransCanada, the company seeking to build the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, said Tuesday it has filed papers in Nebraska seeking to acquire the final 12 percent of easements from holdout landowners along the pipeline path.

Here's the link for those who love all things Keystone XL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6511456.html
Not another Public Domain thread against Keystone.

Like I said before, you think some of the land those railroads are on weren't seize via public domain?
Good. I want as many pipelines as necessary for the USA to become energy independent from middle eastern Fiefdoms and Islamists.

Obama won't - can't create jobs for working Americans, so let's drive energy prices to the lowest possible level - working American household income could use a boost after the Obama Lost Decade !

That is my kind of wealth redistribution......Obama prefers the other kind - class warfare that pits one American against the other.
Obama is firmly in Warren's pocket.
Check into how the railroads want to eliminate all but the engineer on trains so the can eliminate some more jobs and further place the public at risk.
Obama is firmly in Warren's pocket.
Check into how the railroads want to eliminate all but the engineer on trains so the can eliminate some more jobs and further place the public at risk. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I'm still pissed that they got rid of the red caboose and replaced it with a blinking light.
As for BigLou's point, it is rather awkward that a foreign company is utilizing imminent domain. Just find some Arab in the woodpile and I'll bet it wouldn't fly!
A foreign company has no right to exercise eminent domain on US soil.
BL has his facts wrong again. Kelo versus New London took place in a Democrat city, in a Democratic state, and confirmed by the liberal contingent of the US Supreme Court. I don't see where the Republican party has a dog in this hunt. You need to look at the State Department under Messr. Kerry.
A foreign company has no right to exercise eminent domain on US soil. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
First Nation agrees with you.
Canada will be coming for your guns next...Flee
First Nation agrees with you. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The Constitution a agrees with me.
Not another Public Domain thread against Keystone.

Like I said before, you think some of the land those railroads are on weren't seize via public domain? Originally Posted by gnadfly
If houses can be taken for shopping mall, why not?
Aaaaah it is just a few ranchers/farmers in Nebraska who cares about them, you have to look at the big picture.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/23/us...w-nytimes&_r=0

Interesting story of the ranchers involved.
Canada had a good ides of how to clean up their country. Build a pipeline to send all this black crap to America, and make them pay for it.