Buffalo Book Stores

I LOVE book stores! I am looking for cool book stores in Buffalo. I am really into mom and pop places. I am open to any and all ideas anywhere from Niagara Falls (US)- Williamsville. Antique books all the way to the arts such a short story and poetry. No comic book stores *Giggles*I spend about $200 a month at amazon but it isn't the same as walking around, grabbing a book, and sitting down with it.
It would be a HUGE bonus if some stores host artist readings as well as meet&greets!! I would drive the 2 hours and change for an interesting reading.
I LOVE book stores! I am looking for cool book stores in Buffalo. I am really into mom and pop places. I am open to any and all ideas anywhere from Niagara Falls (US)- Williamsville. Antique books all the way to the arts such a short story and poetry. No comic book stores *Giggles*I spend about $200 a month at amazon but it isn't the same as walking around, grabbing a book, and sitting down with it.
It would be a HUGE bonus if some stores host artist readings as well as meet&greets!! I would drive the 2 hours and change for an interesting reading. Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Suggestions for book stores? Oh, my dear; speaking strictly for myself and, certainly, not other Board frequenters , you’re assuming possession of intellectual capacity.
Do not make fun of Dr. Seuss.
Do not make fun of Dr. Seuss. Originally Posted by pyramider
it took me a while but now, for the second time today, Im laughing out loud in front of the monitor. Again, you guys made my day.
Oooooh thank you so much! Talking leaves seems to be the place for me! Open to many many many more suggestions
If I can find enough cool places I might add a day onto my Buffalo trip just to book store hop all day!
Books? I already know everything. Lemme tell ya, I can just go on and on abot wat I kno!
Believe it or not in in niagara falls at Walmart they always have a big selection
"Talking Leaves" is a nice place to browse. However, like most independent bookstores, it is losing business to Amazon and the big-box chains. It had to stop selling textbooks last fall.
I only buy poetry and short stories at actual book stores so that the publisher and author get more of a cut. Amazon is killing poetry I use Amazon for my hobbies (psychology, forensic psychology, anthropology, cryptozoology, horror...) my tastes vary.
I only buy poetry and short stories at actual book stores Originally Posted by Lexxxy
If you like poetry, I recommend Dog Ears Bookstore & Cafe in South Buffalo.
Thank you very much
Books? I already know everything. Lemme tell ya, I can just go on and on abot wat I kno! Originally Posted by whosdair

Have you read Fox in Socks?
I used to like you
Then you licked Johnny's nipple
What's up with your hair?
Billy's not a whore
He should go ride some bare back
And dump your dumb ass