Hobby phone

I'm finding myself being more involved in this hobby, and i need to know what's the best way to go about getting a phone for this hobby.
I don't have a SO to worry about, I just don't need anything linked to me if something goes down (we all know what I'm talking about).
I have a few old phones that are OK'ed for a prepay thingy through vzw. Is it safe to go through my everyday carrier or should I go through a different wireless provider?
I just use the neighbor's phone. But if you do not have anyone close by ... the old prepays should be fine. But you do not want anything that can be traced back to you.
If those old phones were never in any way linked to you or your acct, they should be ok, if they still will work. Otherwise, hit up a Target, Walmart, BestBuy, whatever, get a prepaid phone and some mins. Initial set up - phone and some mins, probably cost you $30-50 tops.
  • GP
  • 10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
as long as it can't be traced back to you. Use cash to buy it.
If those old phones were never in any way linked to you or your acct, they should be ok, if they still will work. Otherwise, hit up a Target, Walmart, BestBuy, whatever, get a prepaid phone and some mins. Initial set up - phone and some mins, probably cost you $30-50 tops. Originally Posted by joefk24
Well, there's my answer. They were all at 1 time linked to my acct.