Secret Yum-Yum spots in H'ville?

Kynsley, one place I'd always recommend for anyone passing through VA Beach would be Cap'n Jack's Crab Shak. Best on Atlantic Ave ANY given day of the week!
BCMG, unfortunately me growing up here in Virginia being raised on blue crabs I got spoiled when I moved to Mississippi and spent 22 years and found a love for crab boil anything I don't think any Seafood here on the East Coast can compare to the Gulf Coast
Wherever you find, I’ll be glad to treat you there. It’ll bee good to try a new place
Roadcourse... trust me when I say I am looking for the hidden gems. I get enough of food chains and fast foods here on the east coast and the food here sucks ass

Unfortunately I can't drink anymore because I have developed allergies 2 most alcohol and it causes me to break out into hives Originally Posted by Kynsley Morgan
Oh, I do trust you and if there were any hidden gems, I would know about them. And yes, Gulf seafood is the best depending on what part of the Gulf you're at or near. I grew up in the middle of the best seafood in the world. No, I'm not a fish, LOL! Not being able to consume alcohol might be a blessing in disguise.
Not being able to consume a really good cab anymore is the pits lol. Embarrassing as all get out when I really want a drink, having to water it down, just to do a trial and error test and then busting out baby-benadryl to cure the hives. Couple of established gents on here have seen me break out in hives...but makes for a good play connect the continents game!

I moved to MS in 93 and moved back east in the beginning of 15, so I learned a love of what real seafood was. In Va, prawns are a delicacy. If you manage to find a restaurant that has them, you're lucky if you get 4.
Crawfish is almost non-existent.
Trying to find crab boil is a game of hide and seek.
Hell you can barely find jiffy cornbread in a grocery store lol
Durrtd, I am ALWAYS looking for food dates. It is awesome when you meet people and they show you their favorite go to places for a meal that is heavenly
A friend of mine here in middle TN is originally from Gulf Port, MS & has a restaurant were he tries to recreate that Gulf type feel in his menu. Personally, I think he succeeded.

BCMG, unfortunately me growing up here in Virginia being raised on blue crabs I got spoiled when I moved to Mississippi and spent 22 years and found a love for crab boil anything I don't think any Seafood here on the East Coast can compare to the Gulf Coast Originally Posted by Kynsley Morgan
Hell you can barely find jiffy cornbread in a grocery store lol Originally Posted by Kynsley Morgan
Jiffy Mix has a good store locator to find any of the products at https://site.jiffymix.com/ choose the product and enter the zip code where you want to find it.
Kynsley, be thankful that you only break out in hives. Back in my drinking days I only broke out into J. Edgar BRACELETS! LOL!!

Not being able to consume a really good cab anymore is the pits lol. Embarrassing as all get out when I really want a drink, having to water it down, just to do a trial and error test and then busting out baby-benadryl to cure the hives. Couple of established gents on here have seen me break out in hives...but makes for a good play connect the continents game! Originally Posted by Kynsley Morgan
I never had that happen BCMG
Yeah, but in my case it was happening too often whenever I consumed of too much of <insert booze type here>, which then led to my acting a douche-tard & a series of unfortunate events followed. Pretty simple math on that one.
Roadcourse... trust me when I say I am looking for the hidden gems. I get enough of food chains and fast foods here on the east coast and the food here sucks ass

Unfortunately I can't drink anymore because I have developed allergies 2 most alcohol and it causes me to break out into hives Originally Posted by Kynsley Morgan
Well, Kynsley, back to your original question, no, sorry but there is no first class restaurant food in Huntsville. It just isn't there.

HOWEVER!!, I will be in Lafayette, La. this Saturday, April 20th. I would be happy to take you to a real place to dine then another place where we can both dine very well!

I'm up for that... how about you?