KTV's - Karaoke Bars

Going to China on business next week, and I am interested in what the KTV's are like. From what I can tell, pick a girl out of the line up, spend some time with her, take her back to hotel. Would love a few more details. Obviously I realize places vary, will definitely be going to a more upscale one. I guess the main thing I am unclear on is getting the girl back to the hotel, and how much to expect to her, do you have to buy her time from the ktv for her to leave as well?

A little help is appreciated.
There is some good intel at www.shanghai-nightlife-guide.com.
i had quite some experiences in China KTV. The price ranges widely, from 200 RMB to 5000 RMB per girl. Basically you pick a girl from a line, and you stay with her in the KTV room, the activities are singing, dancing, drinking, a lot of touching. Nowadays it's not too common to have sex in the room, but still in some provinces, you do. There could be nude performances, something like in the Europe, say smoke by pussy, eating banana by pussy, etc. Most of the rooms have its own restroom, you may have sex there. Some have bedroom, you can have all kind of activities there. The common practice right now is that you click with the girl and ask her to go out with you. Most of the girls are willing to go out. If you stay late till the end of her work, she can go back with you freely. If you take her out in her working hour, you need to pay the KTV for 200 to 1000 RMB. Certainly you need to pay all the beers, liquor, or meals for the KTV room as well. The price of the girl who go with you is ranging from 600 to 5000 RMB, even more. Hope this help.
Very helpful, I just returned.

Unfortunately, my Chinese guy that I am doing business with, this is out of his area of expertise.

We did however end up at a brothel in Taizhou that was fantastic, 5 star to say the least, overnight in a hotel room in there for $200 with girl from lineup.
Just go the the spa in am decent Chinese hotel and no need to go to a brothel. Great service from L1 to L3.