Harley's: Why The Fuck Do They Shake So Hard?

So I signed my soul away to the devil known as Landers Harley and ended up with an overpriced piece of manhood that shakes harder than an 80-year-old man looking at a pair of 20-year-old man-mades. My god! Some of the guys I asked have split opinions. The Harley owners say "It's a Harley!" the Japanese bike guys say "Must be a motor mount issue". I'm ready to push this thing into my garage and let it sit for 5 years.

Any ideas?
So this will depend on model and year. Also has there been significant mods, ie. Cam shaft. My 99 Dyna thats been bored stroked and upgraded cam shakes like a mother but my 2015 roadking is as smooth as your beautiful ass. Pm me if you want to discuss
08 Dyna stock
Landers said "that's what it's supposed to do".
There we have 1 more question. In 08 there are wide glides, superglides, and low riders. I have ridden all 3 and they all shake because thats what a 45 degree v twin does. But that being said the low rider is the worst due to the compressed suspension. The quickest fix is to upgrade to polyurethane motor mounts. She will still shake but you wont have your handlebars vibrate as bad
Thanks for the advice. I probably won't upgrade anything until next year
A large part of the vibration comes from the single pin crankshaft design. The combustion strokes are only 45 degrees apart, not 360 degrees like most other V twins. As a side note, I don't get the whole harley thing. Apart from the V-rod (the engine was designed by Porsche), everything HD does looks like it was designed during the Eisenhower administration.
  • MrGiz
  • 07-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Because the design sucks in antiquity... and They Are Built By American Union Members!! WORD!!
Remember when Harleys were made by the sports equipment company AMF.nobody wanted one then.hey but AMF still runs 240 bowling alleys. Lol
Only got a Harley because the sold the other one I wanted while I was signing the finance paperwork. Apparently, the other sales guy didn't tell anyone he had a sale pending on the other bike. So I got the Harley. Could've been worse, I could've ended up with a scooter. No one likes scooters
  • kman
  • 07-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Hey atleast the motors are on rubber mounts now instead of solid mounts like the old days they really vibrated the crap out of ya get a good pair of gloves and a decent seat Danielle I have a 09 streetglide myself
LOL, that's why it's called the Milwaukee vibrator. There's a lot more to being a biker than just breaking out the checkbook. I don't know about your riding experience, but I hope you've enrolled in a certified riders' course. Landers probably offers them, or can at least tell you where to go.
LOL, that's why it's called the Milwaukee vibrator. There's a lot more to being a biker than just breaking out the checkbook. I don't know about your riding experience, but I hope you've enrolled in a certified riders' course. Landers probably offers them, or can at least tell you where to go. Originally Posted by hogmanjones
Don't need a riding course to be the bitch on the back
Aw man, I was hoping you decided to become a sexy ass biker bitch! Well if you're riding on back, I've seen these little nubs that go inside the passenger seat, which is meant for you to sit on and press your clit against to take advantage of the vibration. I've never had one on any of my bikes, but have had buddies that say they take their girl for a ride and before long they're soaking the seat. Give that a shot....
Lol no thanks. I prefer my vibrators to not kill me at 120mph
The original design dates back to 1903. Despite what it feels like, they have upgraded the motor a few times since then. The distinctive "potato-potato" sound is key to their identity and I am pretty sure shaking and distinctive sound will never be changed. They even patented the exhaust note in the 1980's to keep the Japanese from totally copying it.