Looking for my own place - need some help

I'm currently looking for an apartment in the Syracuse area, but since I'm not yet familiar with the good and bad areas, I'd like a little help. I'd like something near OCC for school and would prefer to be in a commercial area, although it's not a must. If anyone could give me recommendations as to which towns I should stick to, it would be super appreciated. Feel free to comment or PM me.

Thanks!
just stay away from the south side and going too far north. East area by SU or that other college in DeWitt would be good, but for commute wise you'd probably want to stick with the west, which unfortunately is also pretty ghetto.
if ya don't mind a bit of a drive for school, Seneca Falls or Auburn. That would help let ya hobby in Roch and cuse.
I'm definitely not looking at hobbying in Rochester at all. Seems everyone is suggesting Camillus. I might go check that out
rats. but hay I understand. Camillus would be worth a look.

Hay don't hate me for tryin LOL But I know hating is so just not you.

dang it. I had to try LOL
yeah Camillus would be a great choice, do you have a car? good shopping area too!
Marcellus, or there are places in "the Valley" heading up West Seneca Turnpike and Onondaga Hill which might be of interest to you!

DD
parts of solvay, onondaga hill are worth a look too. Lots of "young" people live on the hill. If you are a deli fan the Brooklyn Pickle is just down the hill. Camillus is very nice, but obviously it gets more expensive the further west you go. Good luck!
It depends on what you are looking to do. Onondaga Hill is a nice place, I lived there when I went to OCC. Only problem is there is absolutely nothing to do there and you have to drive a ways to do anything. I also lived near SU, which I enjoyed a lot more.
you could stay with me......if I wasn't married....and lived in Syracuse, . good luck to ya. Syracuse can be a fun town.
Tipp Hill is great, you'll find a lot of other college students. Camillus is a great area, definitely quieter than Tipp Hill.
Fyi, i grew up in the area and still live there, any questions feel fee to pm me.
Id hook ya up with my upper apt if u were in buffalo!