What should I do when a P411 pulls a no-call/no-show?

I'd give the guy 48 (maybe even 72) hours. Sometimes when a real "crisis" actually comes up he may really be unable to reach you or frankly (& I know this sounds rough) you aren't high on his priority list, nor is his hobby reputation.

The reason he may not have opened your emails is b/c he isn't checking his hobby email. I've never NC/NSed, but I know that when I have had a serious business or family situation come up I've gone weeks without checking mine (or my PMs).

And, really, what is the harm in waiting a few days? It isn't like you are really saving anyone else from his games (unless he is a mega-NCNSer and does this every day). Even with a retraction later, once a NCNS blame is out there it is hard to repair the damage.

I think many rush to post out of emotion (including revenge) when something happens. What's the harm in waiting until you cool down?

I would say this should apply both ways, guys & gals that NCNS.
^exactly. Actually, I didn't even mind all that much. I was looking forward to seeing him since he sounded nice, but I put the time to good use If I'd stopped into that town and was only going to see him, I would have been put out, but OKC was really kind to me gent-wise.

I'll let the issue slide for a few more days.
A P411 Client should be held to a higher professional standard, just as a P411 Provider should be.
I agree.

That said, a lot of providers don't understand that a Request for an Appointment does not equal a Booked Appointment, and probably 80% of NC/NS reported are actually Inquiries where the client never followed up, after the provider responded that she would be available.

I have no idea if that is the case in this situation, and if it's NOT... then I most definitely want to know who it was and the details of the incident. Habitual NC/NS on either side of the fence will result in the loss of P411 account.

However, all those providers who contact me angry because a client didn't confirm an appointment, calling it a NC/NS... it's not a NC/NS, and please save your energy for real issues.

There are 3 steps to booking an appointment.

1. Appointment Requested by Client
2. Provider confirms Availability
3. Client confirms Appointment.

If #3 hasn't taken place, an appointment hasn't been booked. Not even tentatively.... and it's not possible for a NC/NS to occur unless the client has followed through with #3 (which he IS NOT obliged to do, btw).

Sorry to take this thread as the opportunity for my little rant, and please read this knowing that I have NO idea whether this applies to the situation with the OP or not.

So ladies, you must have #3 written in stone, for an appointment to be booked.

And clients, when you inquire with a provider, let her know one way or another (asap!), because chances are that if you just leave the appointment process open-ended, it's going to turn into a NC/NS report elsewhere.

All the best,
Gina

www.preferred411.com
^it wasn't an invite to book. We went back and forth on initial appointment booking chit chat, then he asked me what time I wanted to visit and said he'd be driving down, and I said 9, and sent him my number and then I didn't hear from him. I think something happened because he didn't strike me as a flake-- so I'll wait a few more days Thanks for the info though.
I would maintain that TER whitelist is a much less reliable measure of a client than a P411 OK. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I would agree Chica. The whitelist can be manipulated so easily. My worst experience involved the whitelist. Since then I haven't paid any attention to it.

In Atlanta, P411 is really growing in popularity. I almost get as many requests from P411 as I do from Eros. When I receive an inquiry from P411, I automatically feel a bit more at ease.

Sugarbeth, I really appreciate the patience that you have. I bet the men will take that into consideration too.
And I am a member of every one of those sites you mentioned as well. You are trying to tell me that TER is better than P411 or even DC? Really? They are two completely different things, TER at its core is a simple review/advertising/discussion (kinda) site. P411 and DC are screening sites. There are no reviews on P411 that I am aware of. FWIW, I would maintain that TER whitelist is a much less reliable measure of a client than a P411 OK.

Further, you don't believe that you should expect a higher level of professionalism from a P411 client than one that, out of the blue, responds to a BP ad? I promise you that the guys do have higher expectations from a P411 Provider. It get commented on often back in the reviews. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Chica, I missed your response. I know they are different things chica.

While they are different things (one doesn't have a review section like you said), Providers still use these sites to check out hobbyists. I, for one, had great experiences with TER whitelist and DateCheck. I didn't use P411 much at all.. no wait.. I had a guy contact me from there then try to negotiate my rate once. I wouldn't really consider that a "bad" experience though. We'll just agree to disagree and say: Different strokes for different folks.

Chica, once again, there are providers in certain parts of the country that do NOT use P411. Just like there are certain parts of the country that do NOT use ECCIE for business (like the carolinas).. ya see? I know a lot of guys that don't even know what P411 is but they're listed on DC and TER. So you saying things like "Further, you don't believe that you should expect a higher level of professionalism from a P411 client than one that, out of the blue, responds to a BP ad?" is like huh? to me. P411 had never been my go to site. It has always been datecheck, TBD and TER because that is where most of my clients came from annnd I have never ever had a bad experience with any of these sites.

P411 IS a great site. I just didn't use it much so I can't sing its praises like most ladies here.
then he asked me what time I wanted to visit and said he'd be driving down
This is Step 1.

I said 9, and sent him my number
This is Step 2.

and then I didn't hear from him.
This is the Step 3 that I'm talking about.

What I am saying is that you have to hear back from him, saying he wishes to book the appointment for that time, otherwise the appointment has not been booked. Up to that point, it's only an Inquiry.

Trust me.... if you follow this this 3 Step process, never considering an appointment booked unless Step 3 has taken place, you will have a NC/NS once a year or less. I've got a lot of years of experience under my belt, and I promise that I know what I'm talking about.

Sincerely,
Gina

www.preferred411.com
^which one's TBD?
^which one's TBD? Originally Posted by SugarBeth
The Big Doggie
ahhh...thanks!