Leftist Nazis in Lincoln

Another one bites the dust. Colleges are now to teach you WHAT to think, not how to think. No wonder the Leftists want everyone to go to college.

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...nonnegotiable/
pussy
Yep, you can't have a sign saying I hate N.....s on campus anymore.
  • Old-T
  • 09-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Another one bites the dust. Colleges are now to teach you WHAT to think, not how to think. No wonder the Leftists want everyone to go to college.

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...nonnegotiable/ Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I tried to find some specifics in your link. I found none. I did found:

“We do not tolerate actions of hate and disrespect.”

I find it difficult to object to that at a philosophical level, though obviously that is ill defined--and the test is in the defining. I do think it is disturbing to make such a statement without giving some boundaries. So when the article says:"Green did not define, neither in his speech or the written policy underscoring it, what an action of disrespect might be, leaving it widely open to interpretation." I find that indeed cause for concern. But to assume the rules will be inappropriately interpreted seems a bit premature--just like assuming every time a policeman shoots someone it is unjustified. Wait until the facts are in, no?

I certainly suspect there may be some very all-encompassing interpretation of "disrespect", which would be wrong. The 1st amendment right should be strongly protected.

Just like the first amendment right to not stand for the national anthem.
Lack of specifics gives the authorities the ability to choose what speech is prohibited on their own whim. That's the danger.
pussy Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
We know you oppose free speech, Assup.
  • Old-T
  • 09-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Lack of specifics gives the authorities the ability to choose what speech is prohibited on their own whim. That's the danger. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And as I said, that ambiguity worries me a lot. I agree completely on that part.