Mozilla Firefox 3.5 released - with private browsing feature!

I think they figured out that adult sites are going to be browsed. So they built in a feature that I think is very handy for surfing adult sites without leaving a footprint on your PC.

You can read more about Firefox 3.5's Private Browsing here: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...mode=inproduct

download it here:
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/

note: If you are on a corporate network or use a dialup provided by your company, the company may still be able to monitor your web browsing. Some companies are furnished usage reports on their corporate ISP accounts.
note: If you are on a corporate network or use a dialup provided by your company, the company may still be able to monitor your web browsing. Some companies are furnished usage reports on their corporate ISP accounts. Originally Posted by cpi3000
To add to what cpi wrote, most companies have monitoring software in place where even if you are on a VPN into the corporate network, you will be seen going to different places or prevented from doing so with a report being made for the access attempt.

Number one rule in this day and time is not to surf the adult sites from your company's network or using any access they provide as a record of where you go is held in a variety of places that are beyond your control to remove unless you are the network admin who can clear syslogs of your wanderings. This is beyond the ISP level and is found at the corporate level.
Here's a neat feature - if you go to History - Show All History, you get a popup window with the sites you've visited. If you right-click on a site name and chose "Forget About This Site" then everything from that site will be erased. Everywhere else you visited will still be there - not as suspicious as a totally cleared history.

If you go to Tools - Clear Recent History, you can clear everywhere you've been for the last 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, Today, or Everything.

And of course, you can still set it to clear your private data every time you close the program.
Here's a neat feature - if you go to History - Show All History, you get a popup window with the sites you've visited. If you right-click on a site name and chose "Forget About This Site" then everything from that site will be erased. Everywhere else you visited will still be there - not as suspicious as a totally cleared history.

If you go to Tools - Clear Recent History, you can clear everywhere you've been for the last 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, Today, or Everything.

And of course, you can still set it to clear your private data every time you close the program. Originally Posted by houstonguide

SWEET!!!
To add to what cpi wrote, most companies have monitoring software in place where even if you are on a VPN into the corporate network, you will be seen going to different places or prevented from doing so with a report being made for the access attempt.

Number one rule in this day and time is not to surf the adult sites from your company's network or using any access they provide as a record of where you go is held in a variety of places that are beyond your control to remove unless you are the network admin who can clear syslogs of your wanderings. This is beyond the ISP level and is found at the corporate level. Originally Posted by guest101209
Most corporate networks block adult oriented and other "inappropriate" sites anyway. But yeah, better not do it at all at your work computer.

Just use your phone instead
Google Chrome has a smaller footprint than even Mozilla (Firefox) and has a better private browsing feature, IMHO, it will even detect local keylogging programs and some USB keylogging devices and alert you to their presence.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Google Chrome has a smaller footprint than even Mozilla (Firefox) and has a better private browsing feature, IMHO, it will even detect local keylogging programs and some USB keylogging devices and alert you to their presence.

Kisses,

- Jackie Originally Posted by jackie@sintropolis
I enjoy using Google Chrome as well...
  • Mokoa
  • 03-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Firefox is up to 3.6 now. Lots of things including the privacy stuff have been improved.

The best just keeps on getting better!
I love the firefox it is so much faster and better
Look who I am under
Thanks to all you techies for sharing this--needed an update! ;-)
Actually 3.6 with personas came out!!!!!

It seemed to take care of the site glitches, which is even better!
  • Mokoa
  • 03-09-2010, 05:27 PM
If any of you who do not have Firefox and are interested in it...

Firefox 3.6 Download

If you already have Firefox these may interest you...

Firefox Tips & Tricks

Firefox Personas

I love the firefox it is so much faster and better
Look who I am under Originally Posted by Jennatexas23
It is wonderful to see you too, my dear.
This is by no means directed at cpi as he is simply pointing out how to minimize tracks on the system, not protect privacy. That said, people are already saying this is a private browsing feature.

One more time for the security impaired - your browser cannot create privacy. Period. End of case. Point, set match.

There is no case of your browser creating any type of privacy. Please do not fall into this faulty thinking. If you have true privacy concerns (and we all do, its just that some people do something about it), talk to an expert and be willing to do what you need in order to have true privacy.
Well, Safari 5.0 for Mac can run in Private Browsing mode, so no history, cookies or cache stored at computer ... IMHO it runs much faster than Mozilla Firefox