Attempted account hacking

Yesterday August 07 someone attempted to hack into the e-mail account I use . This account is the one that I use to communicate with hobiest as well as providers. The attempt was not successful, and if it had of been would have yielded very little info because I delete all info, trash bin included multipal times every day. I don't know if this was a random attempt or a chosen target, but monitor your accounts.
Yesterday August 07 I had the pleasure of a 30 min phone conversation with a hobbiest SO. This is the third such chat in less than 4 months. Guys we need to be a little more careful with our phones. All three breaches have occured because SO got into phone. The latest effects not only the hobbist, but his SO , as well as a 2 yr old child, all because of being careless.
I would also make a suggestion to CAREFULLY consider any piece of data you enter when signing up, updating your information, and posting ads. Most common mistake I see on here is using your personal email address instead of one created for the hobby world. Personal email addresses alone can yield scary amounts of information on a person. Email usernames are typically a variation on someone's first and last name, or initials, or other identifiable information. Even if it's something as simply as, ilovediamonds@myisp.com, google indexes and makes cached copies available for millions and millions of sites including Facebook, Myspace, etc.

And yes, I do miss simpler times when we didn't have to worry about this crap. There should be a consulting services for providers to help you avoid common issues like that. And no, it would tell you how beautiful you are and ask for half your earnings to sit in a nearby car getting baked and looking scary.
Chelsea, as far as the phone things go, why didn't you just play it off like, "I just got this phone yesterday and I have been getting alot of calls for some dude named Mike" or something?
Yesterday August 07 I had the pleasure of a 30 min phone conversation with a hobbiest SO. This is the third such chat in less than 4 months. ... Originally Posted by chelsea simms
Chelsea, as far as the phone things go, why didn't you just play it off like, "I just got this phone yesterday and I have been getting alot of calls for some dude named Mike" or something? Originally Posted by baytownswm
my thoughts exactly. chelsea, what prompted you to continue the conversation more than, say, 5 seconds?? 30 minutes?? i dont get it and would appreciate a bit more info on what the call was all about. if not for me [curious one], then for other providers around here.
In a word Soft Hearted. The lady called and ask if I had ever f**** so & so very polietly. Thinking it was a provider wanting a reference, I responded with who is this? She gave me her name which I didn't recognize, so I told her that I couldn't place her, would she please e-mail me. At this time she informs me she is males spouse and has found my phone number, seen my showcase on eccie and again ask had I gone to bed with her husband. I told her no I had not (truth I had spoken with him many times we had never scheduled anything) she then ask why his phone showed several calls to me. I told her I had spoken with him on several occasions. but had never met him. She became very distraught and was crying and Questioning why would he mess around she was rather hot herself her words ( truth I looked her up on facebook) From here on its a woman thing I'm trying to calm her down and explain his actions dosen't mean he dosen,t love her ect. ect. ect. at no time did she ever call me names, get rude or out of line. Just one tore up distraught, confused girl with a 2yr old child that could only see divorce as a solution. Hope this helps clear up issue
Makes perfect sense to me Chelsea. Thank you.
chelsea, thx for the update, esp that i posted a few weeks after your original post.

sounds like you did a nice thing for her. and glad [or maybe not] that you could say truthfully that you hadnt been w/ her husband.

wonder how many others she contacted??
While I was talking to her she said that she had talked to a stripper, and a provider out of houston. Don't think I did a lot of good, but hope they were able to put a patch on their relationship and find a way that works for them, and to quote Forest Gump " thats all I got to say about that."
chelsea, had never heard of you before. just happened to look at this thread. Even though I don't know anyone involved in the situation, I just sat here stunned for several minutes. You handled the situation in a very kind and caring manner. A good heart is evident in your impressive attitude!!