Looking for a REAL, TRUE mechanic... Needing info...

I am looking for someone who REALLY knows what they are doing
and not smeone just trying to get a free "play time."
I have the codes to my check engine light which say
Failed vent & Faild Purge Solenoid, vapor canister saturated...
the issue at hand is at first it would shut off while idling but now it
shuts off as im driving full speed down the hwy. It was starting up right away
but now it takes a while to crank and then it will shut off 2-3times b4 it actually
runs 4 a while. Could the codes be the reason i am having this issue?
Make model year of vehicle, engine size, auto or manual tranny? And what is the actual engine.code?
Make model year of vehicle, engine size, auto or manual tranny? And what is the actual engine.code? Originally Posted by GodIsInTheRain
What would that have to do with anything?
Alot. Just bc a vehicle is throwing a code doesn't mean that particular part necessarily went bad sometimes aand a alot of different cases its something else making vehicle throw that code. If I know what vehicle it is we can go from there. And Its also like saying, "hey I need to replace the motor in washer" well kind of washer is it?.maytag, lg, ge??? Just saying..... and I meant the code.its throwing not the engine code.
So a nova would have a different code than a prius? Whoa.....
Jesus Christ, try to help people out, and all people can do is talk shit on here. You help her out Mr. Know it all.
Dear Mr. GodIsInTheRain,
I appreciate the helping!
Its a 98 honda accord, LX 4cylinder, VTech automatic...

PLEASE people no need in talking shit in this thread b/c its a simple automotive question...

Thanks for the ones who dont mind helping out!
EVAP system leak in the canister section of the EVAP system can be caused by a cracked canister or dry/cracked/leaking vacuum hoses or inop CVS (canister vent shut) they are prone to going bad on that series of accord. Your ECU has a set of criteria that has to be satisfied how fast your driving/and or your engine time or emission or evap. if they are not met your ECU reset and kills your car and sends code... Could be alot of work.. Sorry to tell you girl but you need to take it to a shop...
Blueball is correct, mostly. Yes, it is the EVAP system, and yes, you need to take it to a shop. But EVAP problems can often be easily diagnosed and repaired. But be prepared either way. Could be $ or could be $$$$$...
Unless you find an L1 tech who wants to trade! While we have lots of folks here who know cars, I've yet to see an L1 step up and post.
I got new tires at walker tire today and I am beyond impressed with the price and customer service.
Thanks guys this issue is solved...
Thanks guys this issue is solved... Originally Posted by SweetLisa
Well, tell us what the real problem was. We're all dying to know.
Well, tell us what the real problem was. We're all dying to know. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Yes, I agree. Tell us!