Stuffing a Thanksgiving Turkey

Does anybody have any recipes for this they'd like to share? I am really looking for a good recipe!
Does anybody have any recipes for this they'd like to share? I am really looking for a good recipe! Originally Posted by sherman klump
I make the worst turkey ever, it is dry as sawdust.
Made all different ways, baked, fried and smoked. My preference is a smoked turkey. Season with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, poultry seasoning inside and out. Put some carrots, celery and some apples in the innards. Inject the bird. I use a Cajun butter mix. Throw it on the Weber with some cherry or pecan wood for smoke. I do have an accessory that has a 32oz water chamber to keep the bird moist. Takes about 3 1/2 hours for a 14lb bird. I use fresh, not frozen turkeys. It’s really good.

On a side note, I did stuff LaLa Bosses throat like a Thanksgiving turkey once.
Don't stuff the bird, cook it separately,

Less fat, Less salt, great flavor and much more moist.... massage entire bird with olive oil then put two quartered Vidalia onions in the cavity tie the legs over to seal/cover opening and roast to perfection.

Forget the aluminum foil tents and use a real roasting pan.
Don't stuff the bird, cook it separately,

Less fat, Less salt, great flavor and much more moist.... massage entire bird with olive oil then put two quartered Vidalia onions in the cavity tie the legs over to seal/cover opening and roast to perfection.

Forget the aluminum foil tents and use a real roasting pan. Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
We always make the stuffing separate from the bird.
Oh i like stuffing inside as well as outside. Bought a new pellet grill this summer and it makes all kinda good stuff. Salmon, chicken, seafood and almost everything ive put in it comes out Awesome. Am looking forward to turkey this fall especially. Probably a 13-14 pder, and then 2 breasts...for the week of sandwiches. Not stuffing the inside of the bird while in the smoker as that doesnt sound like good eating. Smoky stuffing just doesnt have a ring to it. I usually make my stuffing with the Pepperidge Farms stuff,- added to my mirepoix. Comes out D Lish
What a bunch of sheer codswallop and utter hogwash this thread is!!!! Total waffle!
Sherman- there are a couple of really good recipes on brining a bird prior which always makes them super moist whether you put them in the oven, or on a grill. I don't know that I'd recommend them for in a fryer though haha. Turkey might explode! There's so many on the interweb as far as recipes for brining, that ends up becoming more personal preference. I did try one that had a lot of oranges and clove in it which was pretty good
What a bunch of sheer codswallop and utter hogwash this thread is!!!! Total waffle! Originally Posted by tatasddd
Don't you have a cock to suck somewhere? Rumor has it your favorite Thanksgiving treat is to swallow a bunch of man gravy!
What a bunch of sheer codswallop and utter hogwash this thread is!!!! Total waffle! Originally Posted by tatasddd
I don't think it is possible to sound anymore fucking retarded as you do now.
I don't think it is possible to sound anymore fucking retarded as you do now. Originally Posted by bigguyt
Not my problem.
Not my problem. Originally Posted by tatasddd
But you have so many other problems little fella.
Not my problem. Originally Posted by tatasddd
I know juicy fruit.
How is this post a bunch of codswallop and hogwash? I was asking about a Thanksgiving Turkey and stuffing. Not your opinion! But it was fun creating it though!
Here's a honest question. I always wanted to try a deep fried turkey because people have commented on how good they are but I've never had one. For anyone out there who ever has, is there really that much of a difference?